The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  MultiKord 8 String Pedal Steel (Cable) Guitar $450 + ship
Kristen Bruno

Orlando, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 12 Dec 2016 7:38 pm    

Once upon a time I was going to build my own lap steel guitar that could do different tunings.
I gave up and got this unique guitar instead. You can raise or lower any number of the strings
per each pedal.The cables are connected so its good to go right out of the case.

I think of this as a console steel lap steel with alternate tunings.
You just take it out of the case and its all setup.
The pedals can change the chords, but I would never use it as a pedal steel guitar. Just not good for that.
If you are interested in how this guitar works , I made a video explaining how the tuning system works.
Selling for $450 plus shipping.
See Video on how it works:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lClefP3a16U

Thanks
K

Last edited by Kristen Bruno on 26 Dec 2016 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Willis Vanderberg

Petoskey Mi
Post  Posted 15 Dec 2016 2:50 pm    

Well Kristen I don't want to offend you but,this instrument can indeed be played as a pedal steel.it requires both feet on pedals and run the volume and tone with your right hand. I played one of these back in the mid fifties. My friend Gene Mears was a great steel picker and never played anything but the MultiKord. He could play Mooney as good as anyone I ever heard. I don't recommend it as a sub for a modern pedal steel but it can be played.

Kristen Bruno

Orlando, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 15 Dec 2016 7:22 pm    

Yes it could, but I don't want to mislead anyone. At least for me it is more diffcult than a more solid rod(instead of cable) pedal steel. I suppose if the frame was "stiffened up" so it wouldn't move so much, it could function as a pedal steel.. I just wanted to emphasize that it is a kind of cool console "lap steel" where one neck could give different tunings. The sound is good and the finger spacing is comfortable.
I hope the video is informative for anyone who wants to know how a MultiKord works.

K

Kristen Bruno

Orlando, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 26 Dec 2016 4:52 pm    

Price reduced from 500 (+ship) to 450 (+ship)

Ron Pruter

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2017 8:30 pm    

While standing and staring out from the wings of the of the Aragon Ball room in Chicago, at my Multi- Chord on stage, Sneaky Pete told me he started on a Multi-Chord. RP

Kristen Bruno

Orlando, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2017 6:06 pm    

Price reduced to 425 + shipping

Alan Brookes

Brummy living in Southern California
Post  Posted 9 Mar 2017 11:21 am    

I have several MultiKords. Someday I plan to build a regular pedal board with the pedals in a comfortable position. But yes, it CAN be played like a regular steel, it has no complex rods and cranks to go wrong, and, what I love about it is that you can change the copedant from above within minutes without having to descend under the instrument or turn it upside-down.
It's also half the weight of a regular pedal steel, and, as has been said, you just unfold the legs and you're ready to play. There's no long set-up time.
I don't know why the mechanism didn't become standard.

Gloria Baldwin

California, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jun 2017 9:07 am     Multi Kord 8 string

Hello Kristen,
I would like to buy your Multi Kord at your last price of $425 plus shipping. Do you use paypal? You may send me a pm

Thank you,
Gloria Baldwin