The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Hilton Volume Pedal
Terry Wood

Marshfield, MO
Post  Posted 9 May 2017 12:04 pm    

Hey Steel Playin' Friends, Just wanted to let all of You know! Ihave been using the Hilton Volume Pedals for about 15 years now. It is the best pedal I have ever found. They give the best service of any company that I have ever dealt with! Check them out! Love my Hilton Volume Pedal!

Dan Robinson

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 15 May 2017 9:04 pm    

Terry, you talked me into it. I ordered one tonight.

Dan Robinson

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 18 May 2017 7:19 pm    

Keith built this a couple of days ago. It came today. Regular profile, tuner out. I'm very pleased. Improved control and more balanced tone compared to others VPs I have used, and I was able to lower the back of my guitar by more than an inch. Yep, I LIKE IT!

Michael Haselman

St. Paul
Post  Posted 19 May 2017 6:26 pm    

I am so spoiled by my Hilton. Been a user for about 15 years myself. I still own a Goodrich 120 and use it for home practice for convenience, but whenever I'm on a gig I have to have the Hilton. The pot pedals just roll off too much top end for my ears, and it may be just psychological.

Dick Wood

Springtown Texas, USA
Post  Posted 19 May 2017 6:39 pm    

I've also been using one 15 years and it hasn't failed me yet. Great pedal.

Drew Pierce

Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 20 May 2017 8:15 am    

Michael Haselman wrote:
I am so spoiled by my Hilton. Been a user for about 15 years myself. I still own a Goodrich 120 and use it for home practice for convenience, but whenever I'm on a gig I have to have the Hilton. The pot pedals just roll off too much top end for my ears, and it may be just psychological.

Not psychological at all. Even fresh pots change tone with increased volume. Mechanical pots also begin to fail beginning on day one. Not usually noticeable until they start obviously failing -- popping, scratching and cutting out. Then, when you replace them you realize how much better the new one sounds, even before the old one started making bad noises.

We tend to compensate for this gradual decay in sound quality by tweaking the amp settings a little at a time. When I'd replace an old pot, I invariably had to tweak my settings. If a pot's deterioration in sound quality happened all at once, you'd think you'd just had a major malfunction.

Hilton is all I've used since they came out. I have two now, but the first one is still going strong. It stays at home while the new one stays in the pack-a-seat. It's a bit lighter and the new type power supply is much smaller and lighter.

Ian Rae

Redditch, England
Post  Posted 22 May 2017 5:51 am    

I've only been playing a few years but I soon got fed up with the pot pedals I could afford, and realised that even the expensive ones would need maintenance and still affect the sound, if only slightly.

So I decided that I could afford a Hilton as a long term investment, and it paid off right away as I could hear the guitar, the whole guitar and nothing but the guitar. Never again will I be distracted by the pedal, and it's one less thing to blame if I'm looking for excuses Smile

Gary Sill

Mt. Zion, IL, USA
Post  Posted 15 Jun 2017 12:20 pm     All Hilton pedals and products are available and in stock`

Go to: www.sillmusicsupply.com

Order online or just call me and I will take your order over the phone.

Gary Sill
Sill Music Supply
217-433-7455
A beautiful Laquer Mullen G2, 2 Nashville 112's, Evans 10" R150 Amp,1982 Emmons Push Pull D-10, Hilton Pedals, 12/8 MSA Superslide, Green LDG Sho-Bud-Owned by Lloyd, S-6 Fender 1956 Lap. , Gretsch Country Gentleman, red Gibson 2019, ES 335, Quilter, Gretsch Resonator, Eastman Mandolin

Dennis Detweiler

Solon, Iowa, US
Post  Posted 15 Jun 2017 7:49 pm    

You have to use a Match Box or Steel Driver to get the same tone clear through the travel on a pot pedal. Hilton also made the equivalent product. The Hilton pedal also remedies the tone travel problem. I have a Hilton pedal and a ShoBud pot pedal with Match Box.
1976 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics 427 pickup, 1975 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics X-12 pickup, Boss 59 Fender pedal for preamp, NDR-5 Atlantic Delay & Reverb, two Quilter 201 amps, 2- 12" Eminence EPS-12C speakers, ShoBud Pedal, 1949 Epiphone D-8. Revelation preamp into a Crown XLS 1002 power amp.

Gary Sill

Mt. Zion, IL, USA
Post  Posted 15 Jun 2017 7:52 pm     You will love the Hilton Sweetener on your pot pedal. Will

Try it you will like it.

www.sillmusicsupply.com

Order there for $125

Or call me at 217-433-7455

Gary Sill
Sill Music Supply
A beautiful Laquer Mullen G2, 2 Nashville 112's, Evans 10" R150 Amp,1982 Emmons Push Pull D-10, Hilton Pedals, 12/8 MSA Superslide, Green LDG Sho-Bud-Owned by Lloyd, S-6 Fender 1956 Lap. , Gretsch Country Gentleman, red Gibson 2019, ES 335, Quilter, Gretsch Resonator, Eastman Mandolin

Dennis Detweiler

Solon, Iowa, US
Post  Posted 15 Jun 2017 8:14 pm    

Keith Hilton builds quality gear. If you're happy with your pot pedal, you need Keith's Sweetener to bring clarity to your tone.
1976 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics 427 pickup, 1975 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics X-12 pickup, Boss 59 Fender pedal for preamp, NDR-5 Atlantic Delay & Reverb, two Quilter 201 amps, 2- 12" Eminence EPS-12C speakers, ShoBud Pedal, 1949 Epiphone D-8. Revelation preamp into a Crown XLS 1002 power amp.