INSTRUCTION STRINGS ACCESSORIES MUSIC LINKS
 Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com for Steel Guitars, Strings, Instruction, Music and Accessories 
Forum Index
where steel players meet online
The Steel Guitar Forum

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Super rare John Hughey 45 record!
Egil Skjelnes

Meland,Frekhaug
Post Posted 12 Jun 2017 11:23 am     Reply with quote

Hi.
I have up for sale a super rare 45 by John Hughey in great condition. 2 years ago in Dallas, I made a CD copy of the 2 rare 45`s I have, and gave it to John`s wife and asked if I could post the songs on the steel forum. She didn`t want me to do that, afraid they could be misused in some way. Don`t know how that could be done, but I respect her decision. The 2 45`s I have are both very rare. I asked John about them in St.Louis once, and he said it was something he made to " break into the music scene" .This was before he started with Conway, early 60`s? The style is quite bluesy, and very different from the style we know from the Conway Twitty days!.I have one of these up for sale, starting bid is $ 25 + postage. closing date June 20, highest bid by then gets it. You can send me a personal message, or if you are on Fasebook with me, a note in the message field.The record is ! "Wailin`/ The slip " on The Pen label 112. White DJ copy. Great stuff, only wish I could post it here for you all!