The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  B-COW sampler and Butch Stewart
T. C. Furlong

Lake County, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 31 May 2017 11:59 am    

Here is a link to a band called B-Cow that I was very lucky to play in a few years ago. It's not your father's country but I think it's pretty interesting. The most interesting part is the urban people in the band just love country music citing influences like George Jones and Merle. The leader of the band is Butch Stewart (AKA Butch Morrison). He worked with Earth Wind and Fire and Ramsey Lewis. He was the ultimate producer (and a great entertainer, singer, songwriter, arranger and musician) and the sweetest guy you'd ever want to know. You've heard his work on McDonalds TV commercials - da da ba ba ba, I'm Lovin' it - was Butch's hip version that took hold. Butch passed away last week and he will not soon be forgotten. Butch was a dear friend and I'm proud to have been his pal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBgtOd22mBs
Oh and yes B-Cow was a 20 piece band with a three piece horn section. The bus was crowded to say the least Smile

Ray DeVoe

Hudson, FL
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2017 12:56 pm    

Good playing TC

You played some great licks and fills on the posted recording. That Emmons sounded great and cut through the mix well. Smile The band must have appreciated the steel and your playing as they gave you a fair amount of room to play especially considering the amount of available instruments.

It was definitely not "old time" country but it proves that the steel works for many applications.

It looks like you were playing through one of your SPLITS in the video. I sure appreciate the ones I own. They are "top shelf" equipment.

Ray D.