The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Wiz
Ken Lang

Simi Valley, Ca
Post  Posted 25 May 2017 5:40 am    

I live in 2 plcs. Simi Valley, Ca in the winter, Panama, NY in the summer. I see Malwarebytes Has changed, 39.95 for 1 computer instead of 3. And now it has business class for more than 1. I have 4. What do you suggest?

Wiz Feinberg

Mid-Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 25 May 2017 8:20 am    

Do you currently have a paid version of MBAM 2.x? Those licenses were perpetual and will carry over if you directly upgrade to version 3. This would be by installing on top of the existing version.

Otherwise, contact me in a PM and I will see what discount I can find for you for multiple licenses.
Main web pages: Wiztunes Steel Guitar website | Wiz's Security Blog | My Webmaster Services | Wiz's Security Blog

Ken Lang

Simi Valley, Ca
Post  Posted 25 May 2017 10:04 am    

I have a currently have MMB2 in both places. In my laptop in Panama I put on a trial but it now registers 324 days.
The 2nd computer I am waiting a brand new computer, which should be here tomorrow.

Wiz Feinberg

Mid-Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 25 May 2017 2:08 pm    

Do you hold any paid licenses for MBAM? Or, are you only using trial or free manual versions?
Main web pages: Wiztunes Steel Guitar website | Wiz's Security Blog | My Webmaster Services | Wiz's Security Blog

Ken Lang

Simi Valley, Ca
Post  Posted 26 May 2017 3:30 pm    

I have two paid licenses. One I paid for in LA and one in NY. By the way. Now this laptop says I have 323 days left.
I have yet to receive my new desktop. Maybe tomorrow Sat the 26th. I am in NY. Will be back in ca June 23.

Wiz Feinberg

Mid-Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 26 May 2017 5:20 pm    

Ken Lang wrote:
I have two paid licenses. One I paid for in LA and one in NY. By the way. Now this laptop says I have 323 days left.
I have yet to receive my new desktop. Maybe tomorrow Sat the 26th. I am in NY. Will be back in ca June 23.

When you paid for your two MBAM licenses, were they for one year, or lifetime? More specifically, did you buy licenses for Malwarebytes "Pro" v 1.75 or older? That was the last version that was sold with a lifetime license. When version 2.0 was introduced on March 24, 2014, they switched to the annual renewal model.

If your licenses are annual, they need to be re-upped every year, no matter which version you are using. But, if you got in before the annual licensing model was instituted, your "Pro" licenses are perpetual. The perpetual licensing ended with the introduction of Malwarebytes 2.0.

So, if you bought in with version 2.0 or later, you must renew annually. The number of computers covered was also changed along the way. The cost of adding more PCs increases, but does not double. It is a sliding rate.

If your trial version detected that you already had a annually paid for version, it probably applied that license. That would explain why you are seeing a term in the well over 300 days, rather than the usual 14 days a trial version usually has.

Malwarebytes has a page explaining the change from lifetime to annual licenses here.

I hope this helps Ken.

Ken Lang

Simi Valley, Ca
Post  Posted 27 May 2017 11:14 am    

I have the 2.0 version. We'll see what happens with the new computer.

Wiz Feinberg

Mid-Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 28 May 2017 8:30 am    

Ken Lang wrote:
I have the 2.0 version. We'll see what happens with the new computer.

Then your licenses renew every year. As long as your subscription is paid up, the upgrade to version 3 will be free, until the remaining time expires. In other words, whatever time is left on a paid version 2 will be applied to version 3.

Ken Lang

Simi Valley, Ca
Post  Posted 28 May 2017 9:07 am    

Thanks Wiz. Now I have 3 computes on malware, same no. my 4th, a desktop is due here on June 2nd. We'll see what happens with that.

Ken Lang

Simi Valley, Ca
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2017 6:08 am    

The new computer is finally here. I started it out with the malwarebytes free, but it caught up and now says it's on a yearly basis. At $40 it is more expensive, however.