The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New Hilton Delay
Dale Foreman

Crowley Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2016 2:42 am    

How many out there have purchased the the Hilton Delay Pedal and what's your take on it?Feedback please!
Dale

Ray Thomas

Goldsboro North Carolina
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2016 6:50 am     Info

Dale, just got mine, haven't had time to really run it thru the mill yet but compared to other units so far so good.

Authorized Dealer For" LIVESTEEL" Steel Guitar Strings. Email rayssteel@gmail.com call or text 919-920-5482, Pricing same as Manufacture, Click here for detailed Information http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=308361
Text rayssteel@gmail.com or email

Last edited by Ray Thomas on 25 May 2017 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2016 8:49 am    

Same with me. Very Happy

Stanley Benoit

New Iberia,Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2016 5:47 pm     Hilton Delay

Love mine got it from Gary Sill, and easy to operate and Dale we're playing Fred's in Mamou Saturday morning and Vermillionville sunday afternoon if you want to hear one

Dale Foreman

Crowley Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 26 Nov 2016 12:54 pm     Hilton Delay

Well the jury is still out on mine. I seem to have some cracking and noise when I play thru the head phones on the 112. I take it out of the line and the noise goes away? Anyone try this. I don't seem to hear it without headphones but I'm prett deaf!
Dale

Larry Dahl

Melbourne, FL USA
Post  Posted 25 May 2017 7:29 am    

I just recently bought one of these from Gary Sill.
The unit sounds good to me, and not that hard to dial in a usable setting. And, it does not use a lot of real estate on a pedal board.

Gary Sill

Mt. Zion, IL, USA
Post  Posted 27 May 2017 6:35 pm     Hint On All Delays

This came from a famous Nashville steel player as advice.

For slow songs if you want to have more sustain on your steel, set the delay to repeat 3 times after plucking one string on your steel. You should not be able to hear the 4th. repeat---set your delay so it does this and your notes will sustain longer when playing slow songs.

Call if you need any further setting advice.

Gary Sill 217-433-7455
Sill Music Supply
A beautiful Laquer Mullen G2, 2 Nashville 112's, Evans 10" R150 Amp,1982 Emmons Push Pull D-10, Hilton Pedals, 12/8 MSA Superslide, Green LDG Sho-Bud-Owned by Lloyd, S-6 Fender 1956 Lap. , Gretsch Country Gentleman, red Gibson 2019, ES 335, Quilter, Gretsch Resonator, Eastman Mandolin

Drew Pierce

Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 30 May 2017 9:20 am    

I've been using mine for almost a month now, played half dozen gigs, and it's the best delay unit I've used, which is saying a lot since I've used many of them over the years. Its ease of adjustment combined with its crystal clear signal is second to none. Even with the effect level dialed up, there is still great note separation. And it is totally silent in either on or off mode when you're not actually playing. As with all effects devices, I find it sounds best when placed in an effects loop rather than in line from the VP.

As regards to the post above about some possible popping noises, I would suggest that is likely a problem related to cables and not the delay itself.

Dale Foreman

Crowley Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 30 May 2017 10:08 am     Hilton Delay

In regard to the problem I had, the noise was caused by me placing the unit on top of the amp. I moved it away from the amp and this fixed the problem. This delay is the best I've seen so far. It is the only effect I use now.

Gary Sill

Mt. Zion, IL, USA
Post  Posted 30 May 2017 4:19 pm     This unit will give you pure delay the way you want it.

Just adjust it to your liking, and you will hear the difference. Keith's products are the best, no question there.

Gary 217-433-7455
Sill Music Supply

www.sillmusicsupply.com
A beautiful Laquer Mullen G2, 2 Nashville 112's, Evans 10" R150 Amp,1982 Emmons Push Pull D-10, Hilton Pedals, 12/8 MSA Superslide, Green LDG Sho-Bud-Owned by Lloyd, S-6 Fender 1956 Lap. , Gretsch Country Gentleman, red Gibson 2019, ES 335, Quilter, Gretsch Resonator, Eastman Mandolin