The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Signing into Win10?
Sonny Jenkins

Texas Masonic Retirement Center,,,Arlington Tx
Post  Posted 23 May 2017 7:14 am    

Regarding my previous topic post (Win10??), after reading your blog concerning greater security of user vs Admin,,,I still did not see anything that would tell me exactly HOW to set up a "THE" Admin account and "a" user account. It appears from a security stand point it is more important HOW you're signed in than IF your signed in.

Wiz Feinberg

Mid-Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 23 May 2017 11:06 am    

Sonny;
I am still working on the promised blog post. I have been bogged down with a combination of running my leather business, playing music gigs and things needing to be done at home.

I don't want to give you partial instructions, so please hang onto what you've already got. Suffice it to say that under Windows 10, you are far better protected running from a common administrator level account than with Windows 7 or earlier.

As I already mentioned, you must have an antivirus and/or anti-malware program installed and running in real time. Manual scanners do you no good after the fact.
Main web pages: Wiztunes Steel Guitar website | Wiz's Security Blog | My Webmaster Services | Wiz's Security Blog

Wiz Feinberg

Mid-Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 26 May 2017 11:38 pm    

Here is a link to the blog article I promised and finally published. It deals with the nuts and bolts of operating as a less privileged computer user (specifically in Windows 10).
Main web pages: Wiztunes Steel Guitar website | Wiz's Security Blog | My Webmaster Services | Wiz's Security Blog