The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  James Morehead Sho-Bud's
William Liemandt

New Mexico
Post  Posted 16 May 2017 7:48 am    

James Morehead, the late, great Sho-Bud restoration expert had some number of guitars in his shop, in varying degrees of completion, when he most unfortunately passed away last year. I still have a Sho-Bud there myself. Have any of the rest of you SGF members been successful in retrieving your guitars? Do any of you have contact information for Tree Morehead, so that I might contact her to discuss my guitar? Please feel free to e-mail or PM me, e-mails preferred. Thank You.

William Liemandt

New Mexico
Post  Posted 17 May 2017 6:22 pm    

This post recently moved from Forum Feedback to Pedal Steel area. I would sure appreciate any feedback from forum members that have any knowledge of this subject.

Please be aware that I'm not just trying to accommodate myself here, but also trying to help out the widow of the late James Morehead too. I still owe some money for a guitar that James was building for me since 2014 - a Sho-Bud S10 guitar (s/n 7444) that is missing in action and I'd like to track it down. I'm not sure how many of you know this, but Tree Morehead was the polishing expert of the James & Tree duo. We all appreciated the gleaming metal of Jame's expert restorations - it was Tree that did that!

Any contact info for Tree Morehead would be appreciated, even if you have to give her my contact info and she can then contact me.

Many thanks - William

William Liemandt

New Mexico
Post  Posted 25 May 2017 7:01 pm    

Bump to Top - C'mon people, help out a fellow forum guy. What did you do to help get your guitars back? I've only heard from one other member, and he's still waiting since 2013.

Andy DePaule

Saigon, Viet Nam & Springfield, Oregon
Post  Posted 27 May 2017 2:31 pm     Sent PM

Sent PM.
Magnatone Jeweltone Series Lap Steel, Circa 1950? 6 String with F#minor7th Tuning.
1956 Dewey Kendrick D-8 4&3, Restoration Project.
1973 Sho~Bud Green SD-10 4&5 PSG, Restoration Project.

Ben Elder

La Crescenta, California, USA
Post  Posted 29 May 2017 4:24 am    

Email sent.