The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Hilton VP problem
John Roche

England
Post  Posted 21 May 2017 9:25 am    

Today I played as I do every Sunday here in Spain, set my steel up as normal, attached the volume pedal as normal, steel out to Hilton in and out to and using the output socket next to the input socket, now when I started to play my volume got louder and kept getting louder even when I stopped pressing on the pedal,, it was like an auto volume effect, plus my volume seem to be way louder then the amp setting suggested they should be.
I swapped the out to the second output socket and all was back to normal,,,,anyone have any ideas why this should be..I don't want to take it apart as I have no idea what I'm looking for.
It would be very expensive to return to Hilton and would unable to play my gigs ...thanks for any feedback

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 21 May 2017 11:48 am    

Unless you have modified the jacks (e.g. for a tuner out), they are in parallel - what is on one is the same as the other. ???

John Roche

England
Post  Posted 21 May 2017 12:04 pm    

No alterations have been done , it was working fine during the week. It's​ weird what's happening, the volume keep getting louder even with the pedal not moving , sort of a delayed response after the pedal has stopped. Thanks Jack

John Roche

England
Post  Posted 21 May 2017 11:04 pm    

It's the electronic type of volume pedal

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 22 May 2017 2:21 am    

I have two Hiltons and have repaired others. I don't recall anything different about the two outputs. I'll open my "backup" pedal later and see if there is any difference in the two output jacks.

John Roche

England
Post  Posted 22 May 2017 3:06 am    

Jack,it's back to normal this morning..but thanks you for looking...

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 22 May 2017 4:58 am    

I know you checked, but it sounds like a mixup between the input and output. I've seen "Pro's" do it. While working as an amp tech, in Nashville, I did a "Myrick mod" to an Emmons pedal for one of the road steelers. Checked out and everything worked. The guy brought it back and said it didn't work. We had him hook it up to one of our display Emmons guitars and he was hooking it up backward. He left red faced. But it happens to the best of us.