The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  MSA Classic with pad
Donnie Stephens

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 15 May 2017 9:44 am    

A question about Msa Classic with pad 3x4.Could some one tell me what this guitar weigh.Im getting older.Cant take off at a run no more.I want something I can handle!Also I need to add a FP and Kl Thanks

Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 16 May 2017 5:32 am    

Not enough information.. You said "MSA with pad".. "with pad" could mean a double neck body with a pad covering one neck, or a single body with a small pad.. If its a D 10 body, the MSA is a pretty poor choice if its easy mobility you're after... Very big heavy guitar,,

An S10[ single frame ] would certainly be more portable, but the older MSA Classic guitars are all heavy and quite big by todays standards, and that includes the single necks, if comparig them too single necks from other makers..
.. If light weight and portability are top concerns, an MSA would be far down the list for me... bob

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......

Larry Jamieson

Walton, NY USA
Post  Posted 16 May 2017 5:56 am    

Bob is correct. MSA guitars are fine instruments, but very heavy. Look at GFI, Justice Pro-lite, or the Zum Encore.
These are all very good instruments and light weight guitars. The Williams wide body (wider that a single 10, but not as wide as a double 10 body) is also an excellent guitar that is not as heavy as some others.

Donnie Stephens

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 16 May 2017 8:20 am     Thanks a lot.,I cant tell you how much you guys have helped.

Larry Jamieson wrote:
Bob is correct. MSA guitars are fine instruments, but very heavy. Look at GFI, Justice Pro-lite, or the Zum Encore.
These are all very good instruments and light weight guitars. The Williams wide body (wider that a single 10, but not as wide as a double 10 body) is also an excellent guitar that is not as heavy as some others.

Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 16 May 2017 12:05 pm    

Donnie, check your PM.. There are a LOT of good options, Larry mentioned a few... Personally I would look for a used Carter,.. VERY well priced, light as a feather, bulletproof, and sound and play as good as any steel guitar out there...
There are some others that are really good as well.. Check your PM, and I'll give you the lowdown.... bob

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......