INSTRUCTION STRINGS ACCESSORIES MUSIC LINKS
 Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com for Steel Guitars, Strings, Instruction, Music and Accessories 
Forum Index
where steel players meet online
The Steel Guitar Forum

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  1953 Rickenbacker DC-12 doubleneck steel Price DROP!
John Kally

Arizona, USA
Post Posted 4 May 2017 9:33 am     Reply with quote

PRICE DROPPED TO $750! Here's a bit of an oddity from 1953 (by pot code dates as no serial number that I can find). It is clearly a DC-12 with two 6 string necks, 6 string nuts, pickups and tailpieces, BUT it has two sets of 8 string Kluson no-line tuners and there are not additional holes drilled to accomodate the 6 string tuners. So, it apparently left the factory this way, right at the time they were discontinuing the model so I am guessing they were just using up parts. There are some scratches in the gold paint but really this looks pretty nice, not chipped-up. Original "Rickenbacker Electro" chrome covers. Both pickups work and sound strong. One volume and one tone pot, and the volume pot goes to maximum pretty quickly but I just cleaned both pots and no scratchiness. The tone knob definitely makes a difference and this can get very bright. Case is pretty beat-up, has some tape along some edges and could use some glue (also missing part of the inside storage compartment) but is basically functional. Original switchcraft switch and tip. A cool piece. The back cover is intact. I'm asking $875 OBO plus shipping. A mix of slotted and phillips head screws so obviously some of those are replaced. Shipping will be $30 in the CONUS; elsewhere contact for a quote. You can PM or email to jkally3ATgmailDOTcom.

John Kally

Arizona, USA
Post Posted 12 May 2017 8:04 am     1953 Rickenbacker DC-12 doubleneck steel Price DROP! Reply with quote

Bump for the lower price.
Robbie Bossert

WESCOSVILLE,PA,U.S.A.
Post Posted 14 May 2017 2:14 pm     Reply with quote

PM

Robbie