The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  1964 Fender 1000 pedal steel project SOLD PLEASE CLOSE
John Kally

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2017 10:54 am    

PRICE DROP to make this more attractive. Previously lowered to $650 Now $550 plus shipping before taking it somewhere else (or parting it out, haven't decided yet)! Would really like to see this one find a home besides mine.
Here's a circa 1964 Fender 1000. Original owner bought it in 1964, I suppose it could be a late 63 as it does have blonde cases. Here's the scoop, best as I can tell: When I got it, it was very dusty/dirty. I spent some time giving it a cleaning and it looks better BUT there is still a lot of corrosion on the metal, especially on the pedals. Likely they could clean up a lot more than what I've done so far, when I got it they looked worse. Control plate was almost completely black but that part at least looks pretty good. One of the two tall knobs has some plating flaking off the top. Pickups work and sound good. I cleaned the pots and also the original centralab switch as back position was intermittent but seems OK now. Switch and pots look original and cloth wiring is intact. Top hat was missing but I had an extra so there is one there now. Missing one pedal (has 7, should have Cool. I don't have those parts. For the one missing pedal, the bellcrank for it does not have a cable attached. Missing the mutes and covers. I have not done any work adjusting the tuning. The tuner pans were very dirty and I've gotten some of that out but if you really want to do a good cleaning you'd likely need to take them out. Lots of finish wear. On the black frame near the springs there is a small part of the frame that was sawn off, and not sure why that was done but I have a picture of that (doesn't affect the stability at all; I think the previous owner was looking at adding some knee levers and needed the extra clearance). There is one knee lever ADDED BUT it is not connected to anything except where it's bolted to the bottom. This model DID NOT HAVE knee levers although there are places on the frame to attach. The two blonde cases look pretty good although some damage to the leather at the ends, some cigarette burns and scuffs. There is a gold bag for the rods and legs, not sure if that's original as it is very clean. Amazingly, it does have the original manual which is in great shape as owner kept it in a file cabinet. I'm asking $750 plus shipping, OBO, and considering the condition I will be expecting to see some offers for less. Since there will be two boxes, it will not be cheap to ship but I will do my best to package carefully. I'm putting up some pics and do have more if needed. Thanks for looking. You can PM or email jkally3ATgmailDOTcom.

Last edited by John Kally on 24 May 2017 8:34 am; edited 5 times in total

John Kally

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 3 May 2017 3:28 pm     1964 Fender 1000 pedal steel project For Sale PRICE DROP

Bump for the price drop. I am just guessing that the previous owner was attempting to switch the one missing pedal into a knee lever setup but never got finished.

John Kally

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 8 May 2017 3:38 pm     1964 Fender 1000 pedal steel project Price Dropped AGAIN!

Bump for the new price.

John Kally

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 12 May 2017 8:01 am     1964 Fender 1000 pedal steel project one more time

Bump for what should be the last price drop. I hope.

John Kally

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 14 May 2017 12:18 pm     1964 Fender 1000 pedal steel project NOW $550!

Bump for the lowered price, again.

John Kally

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 16 May 2017 3:18 pm     1964 Fender 1000 pedal steel project ON HOLD

ON hold for a member, pending payment.

John Kally

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 24 May 2017 8:36 am     1964 Fender 1000 pedal steel project SOLD PLEASE CLOSE

Sold to a member. Donation on the way. Thanks, guys!