The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Pearly Shells - C6 Lap Steel. arr. by Troy Brenningmeyer
Troy Brenningmeyer

Bethalto, IL
Post  Posted 13 May 2017 9:12 am    

I just put up a new lesson for C6 Lap Steel tuned CEGACE.

https://www.lessonswithtroy.com/PEARLY-SHELLS-Swinging-Hawaiian-Song-for-C6-Lap-Steel.html

In this lesson I teach you my arrangement of the classic Hawaiian song "Pearly Shells" aka (Pupu O A 'Ewa). My arrangement was inspired by the version I heard on the album "Steel Guitar Magic". It's by no means exactly like it, but it has a similar swing feel. For more info and to listen/buy that album, go here:

http://amzn.to/2pJlL83

Hope you enjoy the song!
~Troy~

Duane Becker

Elk,Wa 99009 USA
Post  Posted 13 May 2017 12:33 pm    

Thanks Troy. BTW, I really enjoy your interviews you post on Youtube. You don't take over the conversation, and you let your guest talk! That is really refreshing to me.Thanks Again. Duane Becker

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 13 May 2017 6:00 pm    

Thanks Troy for making that available...I will purchase it and I know, like all of your material, will enjoy it !
Thanks also for your computer help last time when this old man got stuck on what was probably simple stuff to you. That was definately going the extra mile !
BTW, have you ever done "Sweet Someone"....I think that is a really pretty song also.
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Gerry Nieto

Waldport, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 14 May 2017 5:49 am    

Yes Troy's Lessons are great. He will reply to any questions you might have. The lessons are great and song choices are great. Reasonably priced.
Great customer service. Can't say enough good things about Troy. Next Lesson : Beyond The Reef