The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Anyone on the forum buy this Rickenbacker D8 on ebay ?
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 13 May 2017 6:15 am    

I saw this listed on ebay and had written the seller to ask a few questions, but it was sold before I got a response...it looked like a nice steel...wasnt sure what the white things were in front of the pickups at the end of the fretboards:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1950-039-s-Rickenbacker-Double-Neck-Steel-Guitar-VINTAGE-/262980902081
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Tom Wolverton

Carpinteria, CA
Post  Posted 13 May 2017 9:14 am    

They look like homemade pickguards.

Doug Beaumier

Northampton, MA
Post  Posted 13 May 2017 10:08 am    

Yeah, I don't think those pads are "factory".

Larry, you can still email the seller and ask a question. Just click on "see original listing" and then scroll to the bottom of that page and click on "Ask a question". I think you need to be signed in to eBay though.
Notice that the seller is new to eBay and this is his first sale, and he has three purchases.

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 13 May 2017 11:15 am    

Ahhh Thanks Tom, yes home made pick guards makes sense...I just couldnt tell from the pics what model this was. Doug, Yes I did send him an email several days ago, but he didnt respond...I am not an interested buyer, was really more curious about the model...hard to tell without pictures of the steel set up, etc. I got a Rickenbacker D8 console a couple of weeks ago and love it ! Much different sound from my stringmaster...I love them both actually, just different !
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp