The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New Peavey Session
George Seymour

Notown, Vermont, USA
Post  Posted 12 May 2017 4:05 am    

Who owns the new Peavey Session amp? I would like to try one...just because I suppose.

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 12 May 2017 5:36 am    

I do
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

George Seymour

Notown, Vermont, USA
Post  Posted 12 May 2017 9:13 am    

I kind of figured you did Bill, but haven't heard much more about them from anyone else. I'd be interested in trying one, hear some other folks reactions.

George Seymour

Notown, Vermont, USA
Post  Posted 12 May 2017 2:21 pm    

For a main stream manufacture, they sure are not populating the major music stores with any inventory very quickly...

Hook Moore

South Charleston,West Virginia
Post  Posted 12 May 2017 2:49 pm    

I was just searching the forum today, hardly no one is talking about the new amp.

Dale Foreman

Crowley Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 12 May 2017 6:03 pm     New Session

There are lots of guys out there that aren't going to give up their Nashville 112's , Session 400 and 500', Nashville 400's LTD's , Session 2000 and other pedal steel guitar amps that they paid significantly less for on a gamble that it will be the holy grail of steel sound they are looking for! I'm just saying but I know there is no place close to me that I can test one out. In addition, to test an amp properly, you have to bring it into a honkytonk and step on its neck!!
Dale

George Seymour

Notown, Vermont, USA
Post  Posted 12 May 2017 6:15 pm    

I would like to try one, just because..
And we have Guitar Center store near where I live. They have a pretty liberal trial period, and Peavey is a nation wide distributor, I would not buy it sight unseen, should be one of the advantages of a larger manufacture to have products that can be tried out.
And Guitar Center has prob 10 pages of Peavey gear, but not the Session 115

Tommy Shown

Denham Springs, La.
Post  Posted 12 May 2017 7:12 pm    

Guitar Center only sells used Peavey products George. I have a used Nashville 400 that I paid $200.00 for it back in September. I was fortunate to find one with the Le May tone mod in it. I know the Session 115 is lighter than the Nashville 112. And that is according to the literature I read from Peavey. I also have not played using one.

Tommy Shown

Denham Springs, La.
Post  Posted 12 May 2017 7:12 pm    

Guitar Center only sells used Peavey products George. I have a used Nashville 400 that I paid $200.00 for it back in September. I was fortunate to find one with the Le May tone mod in it. I know the Session 115 is lighter than the Nashville 112. And that is according to the literature I read from Peavey. I also have not played using one.

George Seymour

Notown, Vermont, USA
Post  Posted 12 May 2017 11:56 pm    

Tommy Shown wrote:

You can get most all new Peavey products from their web site and pick up or return locally

Tiny Olson

Mohawk River Valley, Upstate NY
Post  Posted 13 May 2017 4:12 am    

I'm with you George. I'm interested in trying the Session 115 myself but like you, I don't want to just dive in and buy one blind. There's a Guitar Center store about 40 miles from me. When I stopped in to ask about the amp they knew nothing of it.

It would be nice to hear some feedback from folks who've been using one for awhile now. I agree with Dale too... gotta' get it out in a live situation and light it up..!!

I like the idea of the power and weight, plus on board effects. I hope a few folks can share their reviews on the Session 115.

Chris "Tiny" O.

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 13 May 2017 4:47 am    

Never played through or saw one either. One of the nice features is that it can run in full stereo like the Walker Stereo Steel if you add in the second speaker cabinet and stereo effects.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 13 May 2017 7:01 am    

The first production run of Session 115 amps went out to a couple of dealers and some road players.

Another production run is scheduled for June.

Remember, this is a steel guitar amp and takes a low number on the totum pole of production. Like any manufacturer, they wait till they get enough orders to do a production run. These Session 115 cabinets are hand built and the electronics are somewhat hand assembled, right in Meridian, MS.
Yep, this amp has taken a long time to hit the streets, but in Peavey's defense, there were a couple of design flaws in the prototype that had to be reconciled before any production amps were built. That has now been taken care of.

You will never see these in the mass numbers that you saw the Nashville 400 or the Nashville 112. Peavey no longer has that massive production equipment in the USA.

And to clarify the weight. 43# out of the box.
It was originally advertised at 37, but when I went there to help troubleshoot, I suggested a couple of additional wood pieces for stability, thus adding to the weight.

The amp is well worth the wait and hopefully all of you will get to try one soon.

AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Tiny Olson

Mohawk River Valley, Upstate NY
Post  Posted 13 May 2017 7:39 am    

Thanks for the info Bill. I full well understand the "small market" issue with the Session 115 being a steel guitar amp. I'd just like to get to play through one or at least, hear some reviews from a handful of folks.

Like Greg, I too play through a Walker Stereo Steel and love it. I agree with him about the added speaker and full stereo. But lately I find myself going "old school," just taking guitar, seat and one amp out to gigs. The Session 115 could fill that bill nicely.

Chris "Tiny" O.