The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Gorgeous ShowPro 9 x 9
Chris Bauer

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 9 May 2017 4:30 pm    

I thought that ShowPro #28 was sold but it is again available. It was played minimally by me after I got it minimally used and it then Jeff Surratt went through it and updated parts. (The pics below show it with the ToneAligner pickups I had Jeff put on. The guitar now has the Alumitones back on it that it had when I got it.)

This guitar looks, plays, and sounds magnificent. If you look hard, there are a couple of tiny scratches on the top of the pedal bar that were too small to be able to photograph. There are also screw holes on the underside where Jeff moved parts to accommodate my tuning. (I'm guessing you won't be spending too much time staring at the underside of this guitar, though, so I suspect that's either a non-issue or mighty close to it...) Otherwise, this guitar is as-new at quite a savings over what it would cost to have one built for you.

9x9 with split cases. It is approximately one inch under standard height so a simple lift kit should bring it back to or above regular height if that's something you'd want to do. Unless you're especially tall, though, my guess is that you'll actually find it easier to play at the current height. The pedal rods were also shortened to accommodate the lowered guitar though so, depending on your size and build, you may want to either get rod extenders or new rods.

Since posting this ad, I've had several questions about the height of this guitar and here's my best shot at answering them...

I'm 5-10 with somewhat short legs and this guitar fits me like a glove.

If you're my height but with longer legs you might or might not want rod extenders so your right knee easily clears the brackets for the middle vertical knee lever. However several folks with a similar build as me, but who have longer legs, have played this guitar and it fit them every bit as well as it fits me.

If you're more than a couple of inches taller than me, it'll be a matter of taste and 'fit'. Just so there are no surprises, be prepared that you may well want to get swap out legs, get a lift kit and rod extenders or, if you like, longer rods.

If you usually use a taller-than-average guitar, well, you'd be getting a lift kit and longer rods anyway...

The floor pedals are standard Emmons with the Franklin pedal on pedal 4. Pedal 9 also raises the D to D# in addition to the standard C 6th changes on strings 7, 9, and 10.

E9th knees are:

Es -> F on LKL 1
Bs -> Bb on LKL 2
G# -> B and D -> E on LKV
F#s -> G/G# and Eb to E on LKR
Es -> Eb on RKL
Eb -> C/C# and D -> C on RKR

C6th knees are:

Cs -> C# on LKL
As -> Ab on LKV
High C -> C#, high E -> Eb, low E -> F & low C -> Eb on LKR
C -> B on RKL
Bs -> Bb on RKR

No trades on this one, I'm afraid. The sale is because of needing the cash more than the guitar at the moment. I'll have another of Jeff's guitars again first chance I get. I can't say enough good things about them.

$4500 + shipping.

Glad to send any additional pics you'd like.

Last edited by Chris Bauer on 10 Jun 2017 12:54 pm; edited 3 times in total

Mike Scaggs

Nashville, TN
Post  Posted 10 May 2017 2:45 am     .

Chris Bauer is as fine a man and seller as you will ever meet. If I know Chris the guitar is twice as good as he says!

Is it wrong of me to want more guitars all the time HA!

Cheers,
Mike

Zum double Hybrid 8x9, 64 Twin (JBLs), p2pAmps Bad-Dawg, p2pAmps Tremendous Reverb, Visit my website www.p2pamps.com

mtulbert

Plano, Texas 75023
Post  Posted 12 May 2017 2:42 am    

TTT for this great guitar.

I have visited Chris in the past and all his gear looks as though it never left the showroom. This is one sweet sounding ax and loaded as well.

Rittenberry Laquer D10, Rittenberry Prestige SD10, Revelation Preamp,Revelation Octal Preamp,Lexicon PCM 92 Reverb, Furlong Cabinet

John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
Post  Posted 12 May 2017 7:42 am    

Wow, a real beauty. Are the right knee levers custom placed more towards the guitar center?

Chris Bauer

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 12 May 2017 8:02 am    

Looking at the photos, I can see how they look that way, John, but they're right where you'd expect them to be. I think it's partially camera angle and maybe that the RKR blends in a bit with one of the front legs that make it look that way.

(Mike and Mark - Thanks!)

Chris Bauer

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 19 May 2017 8:47 am    

Lots of interest and two folks coming to look at it this week but it's still available...

Chris Boyd

Leonia,N.J./Charlestown,R.I.
Post  Posted 19 May 2017 2:01 pm    

That's a truly stunning guitar Chris.... Whoa!

Mike Scaggs

Nashville, TN
Post  Posted 19 May 2017 2:07 pm     ....

I am really amazed someone has not snapped this up.
I wonder what a new SP would cost loaded up like this one.

Zum double Hybrid 8x9, 64 Twin (JBLs), p2pAmps Bad-Dawg, p2pAmps Tremendous Reverb, Visit my website www.p2pamps.com

Gary Hellums

Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 20 May 2017 9:02 am    

Perfect--I will proudly purchase this beautiful instrument!

Tommy Johnson

Iowa, USA
Post  Posted 20 May 2017 11:29 am    

Chris, I know you have heard many stories as to why a lot of steelers can`t buy . Here`s mine .I have an MSA 8&8 that was built and verified & dated underneath guitar for Reece Anderson and I`m trying to sell. I also have a house in Myrtle Beach ,SC. waiting to close. If either one of these happen, I will buy your guitar the day it`s sold.Would you please let me know the responses go.I`will try to float a bank loan. Tommy Johnson earl.johnson@windstream.net

Chris Bauer

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2017 2:43 pm    

Buyer had to back out due to sudden, unexpected bills so this guitar is still available.

Chris Bauer

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2017 7:11 pm    

Sold (again)pending payment.