The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  West Texas Steel Guitar Assoc. Steel Jam**April 30th**
Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 2 Apr 2017 1:44 pm    

Hello Fellow steelers!
Just a quick note to inform everyone interested that we will have a Steel Jam/show at the Lumberyard in Roscoe, Texas on April 30th, starting at 1:30pm Sunday afternoon.
Please call or email me, or Danny Letz if you'd like to play on the jam! Or, you can respond here! We usually have about 10 steels on the show. The Lumberyard has great food & atmosphere, so come and enjoy the afternoon.

**more info to follow**

Larry Toliver
larrytoliver@windstream.net

Danny Letz

Old Glory,Texas, USA 79540
Post  Posted 8 Apr 2017 3:39 pm    

To the top

Wally Moyers

Lubbock, Texas
Post  Posted 13 Apr 2017 6:22 pm    

Looking forward to this, always a great time!

Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 13 Apr 2017 8:27 pm    

Wally is one of the finest talents in the steel guitar brotherhood! Come hear Wally and several other fine steel guitarists, and enjoy a fine afternoon of steelin! You'll have a great time and enjoy some of the best country music there is. See you there!

Larry Toliver
325.518.3947 cell

Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 14 Apr 2017 7:11 pm    

Well, I just talked with Steve Palousek today, and he will also be at the steel Jam in Roscoe. Wow, what a lineup! We will have Randell Palmore, Danny Letz, Leon Langley, Myself, Chuck Hamilton, Rex Mayfield, Wally Moyers, Jim Keeney, and Steve Palousek. Tons of great steel guitar playing. You don't want to miss this afternoon of Country Music. We will have a great backup band as well! Rabbit Pack on drums, Tony Adams on Bass, Bubba Stephens on Lead guitar, and Kacey Toliver, on vocals and lead guitar. It will be exciting, so come on out...there's no cost for admission...Just Enjoy! See ya'll there!
Larry Toliver
call me if you'd like to bring your steel and play

Danny Letz

Post  Posted 16 Apr 2017 2:37 pm    

Folks there are some tops in Texas steel players in that list of pickers. Mr. Toliver didn't mention it in his post, but he was picked Steel Player of the Year this year at the Dallas Jamboree. I think Steve Palousek may just be in the Hall Of Fame. Wally and several others are right there in the top notch. There are several of us that just play our regular dance set songs, so steel fan or not, you'll hear some mighty fine country music. Even the backup band is full of exceptional musicians. You won't regret driving a while to come to this. The Lumberyard has good food and cold beer and is very generous to let us have our jams there. I'd bet if you ask the right people, you could also buy some great PSG instructional material as well as a good PSG CD or two from Toliver and Palousek as they are both known for their steel guitar instruction. Come on out, this is just a bunch of Good Ole Boys.

Ray Jenkins

Gold Canyon Az. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2017 2:50 pm    

Great line up,can't wait. Get to visit with all my steel playing Buddies from the Texas Heartland,West Texas and Central Texas,the home of Western Swing and honest to goodness real traditional country music.Im going to really be excited of having the honor of being the MC.Looking forward to visiting with all fans of steel guitar also.See you all at the Lumberyard in ROSCOE TEXAS April 30,🎼🎼.1:30PM till they run us off.

Ray Jenkins

Gold Canyon Az. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2017 3:34 pm    

Great line up,can't wait. Get to visit with all my steel playing Buddies from the Texas Heartland,West Texas and Central Texas,the home of Western Swing and honest to goodness real traditional country music.Im going to really be excited of having the honor of being the MC.Looking forward to visiting with all fans of steel guitar also.See you all at the Lumberyard in ROSCOE TEXAS April 30,🎼🎼.1:30PM till they run us off.

Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 17 Apr 2017 11:12 am    

Yes, we are grateful to have Ray be the MC of the Steel Jam. He helped start the Phoenix Steel Show, so he's been around, and is very good at what he does. Looks like everything is shaping up to be a very good one!
See yall there!
Larry Toliver

PS....by the way, thanks to Danny for the nice plug he made about everything!

Rex Mayfield

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 17 Apr 2017 3:37 pm    

I've been to all of the jams at the Lumberyard, and as a newcomer to psg, the quality of entertainment is something to behold. Larry has been right there for me through all the DUMB questions, and is not only an awesome picker, but a prince of a guy. You don't want to miss this! Ray, you better start setting out a few extra rat traps before you head this way!

Ray Jenkins

Gold Canyon Az. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 17 Apr 2017 5:26 pm    

Rex my freind, there is no such thing as a dumb question.When you learn something from asking it is an educational question.When you don't know something "ask away".
I have caught almost all the rats around the farm so far.I am giving them time to breed so I can have a little time for practice.See you at the Lumberyard when we get back from Az.

Danny Sherbon

San Angelo, TX
Post  Posted 23 Apr 2017 5:46 pm     Jam

I'm looking forward to a great steel jam.
Sounds like a great lineup.

Danny Letz

Post  Posted 24 Apr 2017 4:25 pm    

There's a new guy with a great first name. Good to have you join us. We can prolly work you in to play if you want to.

Ray Jenkins

Gold Canyon Az. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 26 Apr 2017 8:30 am    

TTY

Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 28 Apr 2017 11:38 am    

Yes Sir! It's looking like a great afternoon of STEEL GUITARIN! Lots of good pickers, and a great band, a great venue, and lots of good ole boys! Ya'll come on out and we'll see you there!

Larry T

Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 1 May 2017 8:57 am    

Well, I have to say....this was probably the BEST steel show/jam we have had in 5 or 10 years. The weather was not very good, but the steelin' inside the LumberYard was phenomenal. We had myself, Randell Palmore, Danny Letz, Steve Palousek, and Leon Langley. There was also a full house crowd and everybody stayed til the end. The house band was also wonderful. Our lead guitar player, Bubba Stephens, is literally as good as there is anywhere, Nashville included. On the set with Steve Palousek, (who I think is also one of the tops in the business) he and Bubba did a back & forth trade versus outdo the other one which brought the house down. You wouldn't have heard any better steelin' at Phoenix or Dallas. If you missed it yesterday....you MISSED IT! I'll put one of the video links up in just a few, so you can see a little of what went on! See ya'll later, and keep on Steelin'.

Link to Folson Prison Blues
https://youtu.be/NNt8lEYto78

Larry Toliver,
WesTexasSteelschool.webs.com

Danny Letz

Post  Posted 1 May 2017 5:02 pm    

As Larry said, it was a great day. On the video with Steve and Bubba are Tony Adams on bass and Dwaine Pack on drums. Thanks to The Lumberyard for the facility. Thanks to our friends from Brady, Tx for coming and to everyone else for attending. It was an amazing show and I was honored to be a part of it.

Randall Palmore

Albany,TX USA 76430
Post  Posted 8 May 2017 5:22 pm     wtsga

Larry T- Thanks to ya'll for hosting the the WTSGA event at the Lumberyard last Sunday..it was a great time and I appreciate seeing and visiting with all of our old friends and meeting new folks. It was awesome picking with my buddy, Danny Letz and hearing and watching you and Leon and Steve! I saw your post on Steve and Bubba...(and as you know) they have been picking that great since they were teenagers! God given ability is the only way I can describe players like that..simply amazing! Looking forward to next time! Thanks Bro! RP
[/quote]