The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  San Antonio Steel Guitar Association - May 14th
Ben Price

San Antonio, TX - USA
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2017 12:49 pm    

Hi everyone,

Our next monthly jam will be held on Sunday May 14th.

We've added a new feature to our jam that we call "This is my song". It is intended to encourage entry level steel players to come out and join us even if they only know 1 song. Our song for the May 14th jam will be "She thinks I still care" in the key of C. So, you have lots of time to practice. Bring your steel and show us what you got! Also, spread the word. If you know of other steelers in the San Antonio area that need a bit of encouragement, tell them to check us out.

Our jam will be held at the American Legion, Post 593, in Converse Tx. The music starts at 2:00 and goes until 5:00. All players, regardless of level, are welcome. The Legion has tasty burgers and beverages for sale. Admission is free and so is the parking.

Ben Price
San Antonio Steel Guitar Association
www.facebook.com/satxsga

Ben Price

San Antonio, TX - USA
Post  Posted 4 May 2017 11:05 am    

That's right!

The May edition of the San Antonio Steel Guitar Association is upon us. The jam will be held at the American Legion in Converse, TX (post 593) and will start at 2:00 and go until 5:00. All steel players, regardless of skill level are encouraged to attend and play.

Don't forget that we have the "This is my song" session during the jam for players who are shy but know one song (any song). To help things along, we are suggesting "She thinks I still care" in the key of C, but you are free to play any song you wish.

There is a for sale table, and the American Legion has THE BEST hamburgers in town!

Hope to see everyone there!

Ben Price
San Antonio Steel Guitar Association
www.facebook.com/satxsga

Kenny Piper

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 10 May 2017 7:50 pm     Sasga

Yes Ben, May 14th is right around the bend. I am doing better and can't wait to get back up on stage with all the great folks. To play behind so many talented players, is to say I am so bless. Also to give a big hand to Terry Smith, with the American Legions Post 593, these folks been so wonderful to help out with our venue. Looking forward to the, This is my song session. To see some more smiling new faces starting out and learning this wonderful insterment. Anyway will be tuned up and ready to get-er-done at the top of the hour 2:00pm.