The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  West Texas Steel Jam**Highlight Palousek & Bubba Stephens**
Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 2 May 2017 5:54 pm    

Well, I have to say....this was probably the BEST steel show/jam we have had in 5 or 10 years. The weather was not very good, but the steelin' inside the LumberYard was phenomenal. We had myself, Randell Palmore, Danny Letz, Steve Palousek, and Leon Langley. There was also a full house crowd and everybody stayed til the end. The house band was also wonderful. Our lead guitar player, Bubba Stephens, is literally as good as there is anywhere, Nashville included. On the set with Steve Palousek, (who I think is also one of the tops in the business) he and Bubba did a back & forth trade versus outdo the other one which brought the house down. You wouldn't have heard any better steelin' at Phoenix or Dallas. If you missed it yesterday....you MISSED IT! I'll put one of the video links up in just a few, so you can see a little of what went on! See ya'll later, and keep on Steelin'.

Link to Folson Prison Blues
https://youtu.be/NNt8lEYto78

Larry Toliver,
WesTexasSteelschool.webs.com

Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 3 May 2017 1:25 am    

That was great and thanks for posting. Steve is one of those steel players I can sit down and listen to for hours at a time. Oh yeah, Bubba is pretty salty himself on guitar.

Dick Wood

Springtown Texas, USA
Post  Posted 3 May 2017 10:46 am    

I had the pleasure of working with Bubba a month of so back and he is heck of a picker.He played licks and phrases I don't hear other guitarist play and he's a nice guy too.

Danny Letz

Old Glory,Texas, USA 79540
Post  Posted 4 May 2017 4:12 pm    

Dick, he's a heck of a guy. He doesn't play too loud. He doesn't overuse effects. He trades off on the fills and leads really well. He's a great singer. He's as good a telepicker as you will find anywhere. Now he will talk your ear off and has a healthy appetite when it comes to chow time. But all in all, I am proud I get to play music with a player of his caliber.

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 6 May 2017 11:31 pm    

awesome Larry thanks, thats one bad butt Tele picker ! We already knew that Steve set the world on fire !

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website