The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Carter Starter With Extras.....
Robbie Bossert

WESCOSVILLE,PA,U.S.A.
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2017 3:16 pm    

For Sale:
Carter Starter pedal steel guitar. 3 pedals, 4 knee levers... Hardshell case. Soft case. Brand new adjustable/telescopic legs. Original legs. Volume pedal..... $900 plus Shipping.

PM me if you're interested.........

Robbie Bossert

Robbie Bossert

WESCOSVILLE,PA,U.S.A.
Post  Posted 30 Apr 2017 11:59 am    

As far as trades, The only thing that I would even consider is a Rickenbacker 8 string Lap Black And White Panda. I've seen them on the forum for anywhere from $700 to $1200. If you have one in the $900 plus shipping, which would be a little over $100 at least,swappable range, PM me and we'll work something out. Otherwise not interested in a trade.

Thanks,

Robbie Bossert

Robbie Bossert

WESCOSVILLE,PA,U.S.A.
Post  Posted 3 May 2017 5:09 pm    

Well, one sale fell through... Still here. Like new and even better with upgrades. Stays in tune. Plays and sounds great. I've used it for rehearsal and a few gigs... This is where to start..

Robbie

Robbie Bossert

WESCOSVILLE,PA,U.S.A.
Post  Posted 4 May 2017 7:35 pm    

bump

Robbie Bossert

WESCOSVILLE,PA,U.S.A.
Post  Posted 10 May 2017 6:45 pm    

Bump....

Patrick Huey

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 11 May 2017 5:33 am    

Are the legs all that has been upgraded?
Pre RP Mullen D10 8/7, Zum 3/4, Carter S-10 3/4, previous Cougar SD-10 3/4 & GFI S-10 3/4, Fender Steel King, 2 Peavey Session 500's, Peavey Nashville 400, Boss DD-3, Profex-II, Hilton Digital Sustain, '88 Les Paul Custom,Epiphone MBIBG J-45, Fender Strat & Tele's, Takamine acoustics, Marshall amps, Boss effects, Ibanez Tube Screamer, and it all started with an old cranky worn out Kay acoustic you could slide a Mack truck between the strings and fretboard on!!

Robbie Bossert

WESCOSVILLE,PA,U.S.A.
Post  Posted 11 May 2017 10:52 am    

Are you interested in buying it?

Robbie

Patrick Huey

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 11 May 2017 12:10 pm    

No but I may know someone who is and I was wondering if , as I have owned one myself, the knee lever stops have been upgraded from original and so forth. Thanks
Pre RP Mullen D10 8/7, Zum 3/4, Carter S-10 3/4, previous Cougar SD-10 3/4 & GFI S-10 3/4, Fender Steel King, 2 Peavey Session 500's, Peavey Nashville 400, Boss DD-3, Profex-II, Hilton Digital Sustain, '88 Les Paul Custom,Epiphone MBIBG J-45, Fender Strat & Tele's, Takamine acoustics, Marshall amps, Boss effects, Ibanez Tube Screamer, and it all started with an old cranky worn out Kay acoustic you could slide a Mack truck between the strings and fretboard on!!

Robbie Bossert

WESCOSVILLE,PA,U.S.A.
Post  Posted 11 May 2017 12:38 pm    

I'm not sure about that... Is there a way to date these guitars?

Patrick Huey

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 11 May 2017 1:00 pm    

No idea about dating them but if you look underneath if unaltered several of the knee levers have a screw screwed into body and the head of that screw served as the stop for the knee. Very small diameter and very easy for the knee to miss that screw head. Most folks replaced screw with a small wood block or some suck....easy fix but poor design and the C Starter's only downfall

Robbie Bossert

WESCOSVILLE,PA,U.S.A.
Post  Posted 11 May 2017 1:01 pm    

Wow! That doesn't sound like Bud at all!!! I'll check it out... Thanks..

Robbie

Patrick Huey

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 11 May 2017 1:22 pm    

The only reason for that and I think it was more so John then bud was to save money and keep the production cost as low as possible I also believe I read it one time that eventually on the newer models they went to a better method of knee stop

Patrick Huey

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 11 May 2017 1:29 pm    

And don't get me wrong I'm not knocking them one bit. IMHO, for the money, the Carter Starter is a super starter steel and has great tone, and plays well. The knee stop is an easy fix just remove the original stop screw and replace with a short screw with a substantially larger diameter head or screw in a small thin wood block instead.