The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Mt. Vernon Illinois S.I.P. steel guitar show
Dave Flanagan

Mt. Vernon,Il.
Post  Posted 4 Apr 2017 1:00 pm    

Hey folks this is a great show coming up in two weeks, starting April 20, 21, and 22 in Mt. Vernon Illinois at the Holiday Inn convention center. Just off of Interstate 57. this years line up is Leona Williams and Ron Williams along with T. Graham Brown and fabulous Teea Goans and Dennis Stroughmatt. the S.I.P. pro band are Ric Boyer, Dennis Stroughmatt, Jeff Stoffel, Bo Chalupek, Mark Fitch, Terry Smith, Peggy Boyd, John Farrell, Chrissie Rigsby, Don Lampley, Joe Arview, steel players are and not limited to Randell Curry, Lynn Owesly, Tommy Dodd, Pat Heller, Mike McGee, Mike Sweeney, and many many more. Don't forget the singing talent contest on Thursday evening. The show will start at 10:00 Am each day and go till around 10:00 Pm each evening. Tickets can be bought at the door or on line at southernillinoisproduction.org proceedes go to Shriners Chrildren Hospital. This is a super show Folks

Dave Flanagan

Mt. Vernon,Il.
Post  Posted 8 Apr 2017 7:18 pm    

this is an update to the show; Randall Curry has had to cancel due to a show Brad Pasley has booked in New York Maybe next year? However They have ask The Talented Cowboy Eddie Long to join the line up this year and he has excepted. So quite a show with Cowboy Eddie Long, Tommy Dodd, Pat Heller, Mike Sweeney, Mike McGee, Lynn Owsley, Teea Goans, T Graham Brown, Leona Williams, Ron Williams, S.I.P. pro band, and get your tickets at a discount advance price at southernillinoisproductions.org come by the sound booth and say howdy, I'll be there Winking

Mike Sweeney

Nashville,TN,USA
Post  Posted 13 Apr 2017 2:48 pm    

Just a week off. Looking forward to it

Tommy Dodd

Acworth, Ga., USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2017 5:25 pm    

Yeah Mike, only a few days to go and I'm ready to load the car. I am fortunate to have been invited to play the SIP show for the last 2 years and I can easily say this is a great show. They have a great venue, fine organization, good sound people, super talented players (both pro and local), and the cherries on top are the fantastic singers they bring in. Trust me, there will be many "notes" played next weekend. If you're within driving, or flying, distance of Mt. Vernon please come and enjoy a great weekend of music with us.

BTW Sweeney, I'm glad to see some new names on the pro list this year. I felt really out-numbered and out-gunned last year with 5 guys named Mike on stage with me during the jam. Now all I have to worry about is Cowboy, Pat, and Lynn..........oh crap!

Roger Crawford

Griffin, GA USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2017 6:36 am    

Yep, there will be a lot of notes played. I just hope most of mine are right!

Jack Hargraves

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2017 7:30 am    

I have attended the show for the last 8 or 9 years and plan to be there again this year. I have never been disappointed by the great talent. I also enjoy the vendors.

Michael McGee

Everton, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 23 Apr 2017 11:56 am    

I want to sincerely thank the staff of SIP for the invitation to throw out a note or two at their wonderful show this weekend. Dow, Cord, and Dave and their crew work so HARD to make this show successful and steel guitar fans were rewarded this weekend with an outstanding program provided by super players and singers. I believe I heard that they also raised over $12k for Shriners' Children Hospital. What a WONDERFUL contribution to a great charity. My heartfelt thanks for the privilege of being a small part. I got to visit with so many good friends! It's amazing what fellowship these pedal steel guitars influence without playing a note.

Thanks to Ric, Bobby, Dennis, Bo, Terry, and Chrissy for the incredible backup they provide!

Finally, thanks to Vern and Beth Mandrell for the snack bag! ABOVE AND BEYOND! Please tell your son Aaron that I say thanks for serving this country I love.

Dave Flanagan

Mt. Vernon,Il.
Post  Posted 23 Apr 2017 2:55 pm    

What a great show this has been, thanks to all the great players ( local and regional ) and the singing talent was fabulous. And the icing on the cake was it was done for the children who need medical help. Thanks to all who came to enjoy the weekend of music. God Bless

David Bolin

Harrisburg, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 24 Apr 2017 12:17 pm    

I think that this years show topped them all!
The sound was great and everything was well organized. Thanks to the Staff for such a great show and inviting me to be a part of it.

Dale Hampton

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2017 11:56 am     My first time at the Mt Vernon show

I wanted to go to this show for the last several years, and it did not work out. This year, I got to go, and I was amazed at how many great players that were on the roster. They were all amazing players. The place was packed. I enjoyed Mike Sweeney and "Cowboy Eddie" Long. All the players were great! I especially enjoyed hearing my friend Pat Heller. Pat has been help and inspiration to steel players for over 50 years, I am honored that he considers me a friend.To any one that has not been to this event...you should strongly think about attending next year. By the way all the proceeds go to the Shriners Hospital. That is what this event is all about.