INSTRUCTION STRINGS ACCESSORIES MUSIC LINKS
 Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com for Steel Guitars, Strings, Instruction, Music and Accessories 
Forum Index
where steel players meet online
The Steel Guitar Forum

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  VLC player and BIAB files
George Rout

St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
Post Posted 27 Apr 2017 1:21 pm     Reply with quote

Some how I have VLC player on my computer. Like everything else these days, it's seems to be intrusive.

When I take some BB files, they are already VLC files which open with RAR, but then I try to "open with BIAB", it doesn't seem to work. Can I delete VLC player off my computer with losing my BB files. The VLC player works well with a lot of files but I'd like to keep it out of the BIAB program.

Any suggestions??????
Thanks
Geo

"I play in the A Major tuning. It's fun to learn and so easy to play. It's as old as the hills....like me"
Joe Wheeler

Marion Louisiana Union
Post Posted 28 Apr 2017 1:02 am     Vlc Reply with quote

I have VLC on my computer and use it a lot with no problem . Try right clicking on your biab file and choose open with biab.exe . There should be an always open using this file option when you right click on the biab file . Make sure you enable this . I think this might help.
Graham

Marmora, Ontario, Canada
Post Posted 28 Apr 2017 4:03 am     Reply with quote

Georg:
Files with the extension .rar are compressed files, much like Winzip. They will not open in BIAB.

St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
Post Posted 28 Apr 2017 5:04 am     Reply with quote

Thank you Joe and to Graham who just appeared. I understand that RAR and Winzip are compressed files, but like Joe says, I should open the files with biab.exe. I think that's my problem, my biab.exe file has disappeared. I think all the files were Winzip, and I could put a collection of BB files into a folder of Winzip and send them to somebody. What I end up with now is a folder of files that show the BB extensions (MGH etc), but the icons are not BB but something I don't recognize but maybe are RAR.

Geo

"I play in the A Major tuning. It's fun to learn and so easy to play. It's as old as the hills....like me"