The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  WTT Zumsteel D10 SOLD pending funds Please close !
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2017 8:02 am    

I would like to get another steel, but perhaps the D10s are getting too heavy for me and the reality is I play alot more on E9th than C6th, so I have reconsidered and hopefully opened up more trading options. But, I still want some cash, so I am thinking of something in the trade area plus $2000 cash minimum, depending of course on what you have in the way of a trade. I have too much money tied up in one steel. My Zum is a D10 with 8 and 6, built in 1991. I am open to brand names in trade but dont want an old Shobud, MSA, etc. Would prefer a Mullen, Fessenden, GFI or Williams.

My thought process is by trading you dont have to put out quite so much cash and to provide an opportunity in case you wanted to try a Zum. (The cash value of this steel should be about $4,500...I wouldnt take any less if I were selling it outright) Original case is also in EC.

Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Last edited by Larry Lenhart on 5 May 2017 6:24 am; edited 6 times in total

Darrell Birtcher

Post  Posted 22 Apr 2017 11:16 am    

I played this steel the other night and really bonded with it. Classic Zum sound and smooth action. There was nothing I didn't like about it. Wish I could have bought it.

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 23 Apr 2017 7:42 am    

Thanks Darrell for your kind words in regards to the steel...I too wish it would have worked out for you.
This reminds me that I should state that this steel is with me in Arizona now (Phoenix area) until the end of May, at which time I will take it back to Oklahoma if it hasnt been sold or traded by then. A good time for any interested Az steelers to come check it out in person and save the hassle and expense of shipping .
Thanks.
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 23 Apr 2017 9:04 am    

I should also add that this steel once belonged to Mike Auldridge and the gentleman I purchased it from bought it from Mike's brother Tommie. (it is NOT the steel that Bruce mentions in his book as he made another one for Mike A)
Thanks.

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 24 Apr 2017 5:51 pm    

Kinda surprised at the small interest in this steel...no one has an SD10 plus some cash towards this fine steel ?? I am open to offers...all I can say is...."no thanks"

Ron Pruter

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 2 May 2017 7:07 pm    

Larry, Larry, Larry!?!?

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 2 May 2017 8:08 pm    

I know, I know, I know !! Sad

Ron Pruter

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 2 May 2017 8:25 pm    

Larry, sell it outright then buy my Emmons for $2700 and have almost $1k cash. Would that work? Ron

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 2 May 2017 9:04 pm    

It is obvious that I would take $4,500 cash for this steel, isnt it ? Smile Or I just added another option on the trade side...see my ad under WTB.

Ron Pruter

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 2 May 2017 9:15 pm    

Larry,you do say "if" I were selling it outright. Maybe a little ambiguous. RP

Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 3 May 2017 11:18 am    

I have a totally refurbished PRE RP Mullen SD10 Red,...Willing to negotiate..This guitar was given to Mike by my friend Leslie...I know it well..
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 3 May 2017 8:14 pm    

Mickey, I sent you a PM...thanks !

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 4 May 2017 6:54 am    

I have had a lot of interesting trade offers, but for the most part, the cash difference is the problem...your fine steels are too close in value to my fine Zum and as a result I am not getting the cash that I need.
Here is another option: If you have a good, but lesser value trade in, I would consider a $1k or $1.5k down and allow you to pay off the balance of our trade agreement with no interest over a period of time. Of course, we would have to write some sort of a "contract" where we agreed on X dollars and Y time period, but that wouldnt be a big deal. I have found ALOT of great people on the forum, and I trust you to follow up on whatever agreement we arrived at. If you now have other offers, let me know...all I can do is say "No thanks" Smile I am not desperate, just trying to make things a little easier on the buyer. Thanks for looking.
I do believe that my Zum is worth the $4500 I am asking.

Ron Pruter

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 4 May 2017 4:03 pm    

Yes it is worth every penny. RP

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 5 May 2017 7:43 am    

Please close...Sale Pending...donation will follow.
Thanks !