Out Behind The Barn
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2017 7:22 am    

Steve,
Check your email! Very Happy

💥 Facebook Page

Stephen Abruzzo

Philly, PA
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2017 4:30 pm    

Checked e-mail and replied. Definitely getting a serious case of the LIKES for your amp.

Sonny Jenkins

Texas Masonic Retirement Center,,,Arlington Tx
Post  Posted 27 Mar 2017 6:05 am    

Would the pre amp in a a Beringer mixer XENYX 802 drive the little amp?

Brad Sarno

St. Louis, MO USA
Post  Posted 27 Mar 2017 7:32 am    

Sonny Jenkins wrote:
Would the pre amp in a a Beringer mixer XENYX 802 drive the little amp?

YES.

B

Tommy Boswell

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2017 4:44 am     Jay Ganz customer service

I ordered a Straight Ahead power amp from Jay based on Brad's endorsement. I'm very pleased with the sound, it's just like Brad said, "very sweet" with a Sarno preamp in front of it. I was skeptical about class D until I heard this thing, now I'm sold.

I'm also very pleased with Jay's support. I did something stupid and blew a fuse the first day. I sent it back to Jay on Monday, he fixed it the day he received it, and got it back to me on Friday, at no charge! Big thanks to Jay Ganz!

Jack Hanson

San Luis Valley, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2020 7:29 am     My new "convertible" steel guitar amp

I received my new Straight Ahead power amp from Jay on Monday, and installed it in my Greg's Pro Audio cab yesterday:

What I have is a 16" square red box with a Double-T 12 speaker and the choice of a 33-watt amp (Quilter MB-45) or the 300-watt amp from Jay. To change between the two, all I gotta do is pull the power and speaker cables from one amplifier, and plug 'em both into the other one. I mounted both amps to the sides of the cabinet through its open back with industrial strength Velcro. It weighs 25 lbs, 4.6 oz dry. Although the little $29.52 JOYO pedal I'm using for a preamp is far from the ultimate, I think it's gonna be alright until the funds become available for an upgrade. (My sights are set on a new Octal V8.)

I've nicknamed it "The Convertible." The MB-45 works well for lap steel, with just a little edge to it. The SAPA, with exponentially more headroom, works nicely for pedal steel.

Steven Paris

Los Angeles
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2020 4:41 pm    

What is the sensitivity of the Ganz SA amplifier?

Jay Ganz

Out Behind The Barn
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2020 6:04 pm    

Steven, it can be used with any preamp, processor, preamp pedal etc. out there.
It's best if they put out at least 20db signal gain to take advantage
of the 500 watts into a 4 ohm load and 300 into 8 ohms.
Ideally most steelers are using one of Brad's top notch preamps!

Jack Hanson

San Luis Valley, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2020 8:07 am    

My good pal Steve in L.A. sent me the following suggestion:

"You owe it yourself to try the combination of the Quilter and the Ganz----using the Quilter's preamp and the SA power amp---if I recall, the tip is the preamp out. It would be interesting to see which provides the better preamped signal---the MB45 or the Joyo."

I plan to take Steve's advice. I had to order a 3.5mm plug so I can make a proper cable.

Thanks for that idea, Steve!

Lyle Dent

Little Rock ,Arkansas
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2020 7:26 pm     SA Poweramp

Got my SA amp today from Jay and what a great addition! I use it with Brads SGBB , V8 and a Strymon El Capistan into a Telonics 4 ohm speaker. It has all the power you need and very quite. Thanks Jay

Malcolm McMaster

Beith Ayrshire Scotland
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2020 11:19 am    

Just got my amp from Jay, using it with Joyo American Sound pedal and Digitech RP150, sounds fantastic. The service from Jay was fantastic, kept me fully informed about how the build was going, and discussed best way to use it. I plan at some stage to get a Sarno V8 Octal, but the Little Joyo is doing alright for time being till I can afford the V8.Thanks Jay.
MSA Millenium SD10, GK MB200, Sica 12inch cab, Joyo American Sound Pedal/ Jay Ganz Straight Ahead amp, Telonics 15inch in Peavey cab, Digitech RP150, Peterson tuner.Hilton volume pedal.Scott Dixon seat and guitar flight case.

Jack Hanson

San Luis Valley, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jan 2020 11:47 am    

Jack Hanson wrote:
My good pal Steve in L.A. sent me the following suggestion:

"You owe it yourself to try the combination of the Quilter and the Ganz----using the Quilter's preamp and the SA power amp---if I recall, the tip is the preamp out. It would be interesting to see which provides the better preamped signal---the MB45 or the Joyo."

I have finally made up a proper patch cord (1/4" mono & 3.5mm stereo plugs) to run the Quilter into the Ganz and my initial reaction is positive. Works good with both my '73 student model Emmons and my postwar Gibson lap steels. Thanks for planting the seed, Steve.

Jim Pitman

Waterbury Ctr. VT 05677 USA
Post  Posted 15 Jan 2020 2:18 am    

This fits the requirements I have for a project I've been working on, ie, miniaturized 70s Session 400 preamp driving a powered speaker.
I love my Session 400 but am sick of carrying around 20lbs of copper transformer.

Lyle Dent

Little Rock ,Arkansas
Post  Posted 15 Jan 2020 5:19 am     Jay Ganz

First trip out! Sounds big with a small footprint! Thanks Jay and Brad!

Danny Harrell

Livingston, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2020 12:13 pm    

I own two of these and just ordered another for a third speaker cabinet. I can say from experience that these are the best you can buy and Jay is so good to deal with. I have two of Tommy Huff's cabinets with these mounted in them. I use them strictly for our monthly show, they are awesome. I cant wait for my next one to come in. Thanks Jay for a great product.