The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Peavey session 115 @TSGA
Jack Stanton

Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2017 3:45 pm    

Just curious if anybody had a chance to play through or hear this amp at the show and with their impressions are?

Doug Earnest

Branson, MO USA
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2017 4:51 pm    

I checked it out for a bit with my buddy Boo Miller operating the steel as I manipulated the controls.

It seemed to be a very nice feature loaded amp that can pack a wallop if need be. The controls were very responsive and will be familiar to veteran Peavey users. The light weight is a big plus and the "street price" isn't really all that bad considering that you are getting good effects, powered stereo capabilities, warranty from a trusted company, etc. etc.

If I were in the market for a new amp I would certainly put this on my list of amps to consider.

I am speaking of the Session 115 model. We didn't have time to check out the Robert Randolph model or the new Nashville 112 which were also available to test drive.

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2017 8:29 am    

I had my new Session 115 on stage and used it Friday morning on the main show.
It was DEAD ON. Crystal clear and very responsive.
Several others used my amp during the weekend.

I spent some time in the Peavey room demonstrating the controls and letting people play my Zum through the new amps.
Both the Session 115 and the new Nashville 112 are the great amps that we expect from Peavey.

Wayne Dahl, Buck Reid and myself all played in the Peavey room and were impressed with the new amps.

Contact my buddy Gary Sill (Gary Sill Music). He has all the new amps in stock and ready to ship.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Ron Hogan

Nashville, TN, usa
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2017 8:49 am    

Peavey has been there for us steel players through thick and thin for years. Quality, sound and trying to keep the price reasonable.

Some other good amps out there as well, but I always seem to compare them to Peavey (I ask myself, "does this amp have the Peavey sound for steel")

Ron Hogan
Somewhere in the swamps of Tennessee

Jack Stanton

Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2017 10:13 am    

Thanks, guys!
Ron Hogan, the pride of Englishtown, NJ!

Darrell Owens

California, USA
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2017 9:42 pm     Peavey Session 115

I played Sunday at TSGA. There was a Peavey Session 115 on the stage. I played through it, and had great responses from many of my friends who were there. I was surprised at how much it reminded me of the Session 500 I have in my studio, too heavy to haul around.

After my set, I learned that amp belonged to Bill Ferguson, and it is # 001.

I really like the amp, and it was very easy to set up.

BTW, Thanks, Bill!

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 24 Mar 2017 2:46 am    

You are very welcome Darrell.

You made the Session 115 shine.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Gary Sill

Mt. Zion, IL, USA
Post  Posted 1 Apr 2017 7:45 pm     Thanks Bill for the nice mention

Yes, I have both new amps in stock and am here to serve the steel guitar community. Peavey was so kind in making sure that I had the Session 115 and the new Nashville 112 in stock during the Texas show.

After the Texas show I travelled to Peavey in Meridian MS and attended a 3 day dealer conference with dealers all over the USA. We learned about the new amps and talked to Hartley, Fred Poole, and Cortland Gray about the new amps.

Call me and we can fix you all up with the newest state of the art Peavey steel guitar amps. Play the best and the go with the company that has 52 years experience in producing amplifiers.

Gary Sill
Sill Music Supply
217-433-7455
A beautiful Laquer Mullen G2, 2 Nashville 112's, Evans 10" R150 Amp,1982 Emmons Push Pull D-10, Hilton Pedals, 12/8 MSA Superslide, Green LDG Sho-Bud-Owned by Lloyd, S-6 Fender 1956 Lap. , Gretsch Country Gentleman, red Gibson 2019, ES 335, Quilter, Gretsch Resonator, Eastman Mandolin

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2017 11:16 am     Peavey

And, as always, I am always here to answer your questions about Peavey products. Toll free in the U.S. at 1-877-732-8391, ext.1180 Monday through Friday. 8am-5pm CST.