Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  My Extended E9 set up...
Earnest Bovine

Los Angeles CA USA
Post  Posted 17 Apr 2017 10:27 am    

Hey Rick, is this what you have now?
Tab:

LKL     LKV       LKR       1      2      3      4      5       RKL        RKR

F#                    +G,++G#                                         

D#                                                                             -D,--C#       

G#                                             +A                                       

E     +F                                              ++F#             -D#

B           -A#,--A                    ++C#           ++C#     

G#                                             +A             --F#

F#                    +G,++G#                                 

E     +F                                              ++F#             -D#

D                               +D#                                            (D),-C#       

B                                      ++C#                           

G#                                             +A                                     

E    +F                      ---C#               

Earnest Bovine

Los Angeles CA USA
Post  Posted 17 Apr 2017 10:36 am    

On ext E9 I like a knee lever that raises 12 a whole step, low E to F#. I have it on the same lever that lowers 2 and 9 to C#. (Actually I have a 4th change on that lever ... )

I goes well with the A, B pedals for F#m7, F#m11 etc. And with the D# lever, it makes a nice change F#m7 to B7 or B9. Unfortunately that will not work with Rick's setup since he has the E to D# lower on the right knee, opposite the lever where I would put the whole step raise on string 12.

Rick Schmidt

Prescott AZ, USA
Post  Posted 17 Apr 2017 10:42 am    

I've always wanted the whole step 12th string raise.... just don't know where to put it.... yet....? Oh Well

That's my copedent alright, except I also raise string 2 a half stop on LKR.... and I do the default/defeat thing on 12th string half step raise when used in conjunction with the zero pedal (ped.1)

Jim Smith

Midlothian, TX, USA
Post  Posted 17 Apr 2017 1:05 pm    

Rick Schmidt wrote:
Hi Jim... actually the only reason I had 11 strings on the C6 neck of my Dekley D12 was that I broke a tuner on the first string at a gig. Only after trying various ideas for that string.(a high A, and F, and a B.) After it broke, I never replaced it because it finally hit me how, once again, Buddy Emmons was truly brilliant to put the re-entrant D note on the string one position!
When Frank Carter was making the Infinity for me, he was against the idea of an D12/11 for aesthetic and many other reasons...so I had to figure out a new note I could live with. I picked an open B (per Reese's non pedal) in position 2. So now my top 4 strings on C6 are D,B,G, and E. The B in that spot is a real wild card that I'm finding a ton of uses for!
I was told when I got my Dekley, that it was originally owned by Bob White, but never got any proof of provenance. It has different fret boards than stock, with "quasars" as markers. I still love that guitar, but my back is loving me more now. Smile

Thanks for the picture and for letting me know that I still have a little bit of my memory left! Winking

However, for the Bob White provenance, I don't remember building one for him. Dekley continued on for a few years after I left, so it could have been built then.