The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Connie Smith at Ohio Valley Opry
Rick Troyer

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2017 6:21 pm    

The "Rolls Royce" of country music,Connie Smith will be doing 2 shows at the Ohio Valley Opry on April 15th. Along with Connie, her outstanding band featuring the great playing of Gary Carter on steel will be backing her up. Connie always does a great show and what steel player doesn't love her music. For more info on the show go to ohiovalleyopry.com . Rick

Rick Troyer

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2017 1:57 pm    

Don't forget , Gary Carter with Connie Smith at the Ohio Valley Opry this Saturday for 2 great shows !

bob drawbaugh

scottsboro, al. usa
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2017 5:29 pm    

Rick, not to hijack your post. But, are the steel player on the show playing the Kline? I posted over on the Kline post asking if any one new who the steel player is.

Rick Troyer

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2017 7:24 pm    

Yes, the steel player is me. The black kline is the last universal Joe made. The 2 tone lacquer Kline is my first. It is over 30 years old. Love my Kline's.

bob drawbaugh

scottsboro, al. usa
Post  Posted 11 Apr 2017 4:57 am    

Rick, you do a great job on the show. I've watched almost all the videos on youtube. I've always had a thing for Klines. But when Joe was building them I was a young married collage student and couldn't afford one. Then when I could Joe retires. The story of my life. I would love to get up and catch the show some time.

Rick Troyer

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 11 Apr 2017 8:14 am    

Thanks Bob, I truly love playin' the O.V.O. . The Clark family and staff are wonderful folks. Would love to have you check out the show sometime. Let me know and we'll make a day of it ! Once in a great while you'll see a Kline on the forum. But if you don't see it first it's usually gone ! Let me know what you're lookin' for, D-10,Sd-10, or Universal and I'll keep my eyes open for one.
Happy Easter !
RT

bob drawbaugh

scottsboro, al. usa
Post  Posted 12 Apr 2017 4:52 am    

Rick, I'm looking for a U12. Is there anything else? Very Happy I hope you guys have a good show with Connie. I'm a big fan of Connie's and she always has a good band.

Rick Troyer

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 12 Apr 2017 5:29 am    

Amen and Amen. Universals and a great Connie Smith band and show. I'll keep my eyes open for a Kline Uni.

Bret Raper

Hoosier State
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2017 5:02 pm    

I'm adding this recent recording of "Faded Love" to this thread ONLY b/c Gary Carter is playing on it. On my best day I'm a medium fiddler, but Gary is amazing, and he plays a great break on this. It's easy to see why so many steel players hold him in such high regard. https://soundcloud.com/braper/faded-love

Rick Troyer

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2017 3:48 pm    

WOW! What a great show! If you ever have a chance to see and hear Connie and Gary Carter,DO IT ! Connie is as great as ever,and Gary is awesome! Truly one of the best and a terrific guy. Check out his web site and pick up his CD.Thanks RT.