The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  31st GA Steel Guitar Assoc. Show - Conyers, GA
Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 4 Apr 2017 4:54 am    

We would like to announce our 31st consecutive show to be held June 11, 2017 at the
Conyers VFW.
1432 VFW Dr
Conyers, GA 30012

We are less than 2 weeks away from out fantastic Summer Georgia Steel Guitar Association Steel Guitar Jamboree. And it is going to be a humdinger.

In addition to the show, we are supporting Dawn Jackson of Jackson Steel Guitars in her endeavor to put musical instruments and supplies in the hands of children in Haiti and in the US. www.shineonhaiti.com

We will be collecting items at the show.

If you have something (no matter what it is) that you are not using and would like to help a child play music, please consider donating it at the show. Monetary donations are also accepted.

By all means, stop by and thank the great Larry Sasser for driving the 5 miles to the show and playing once again!

We sincerely hope that you will attend our show and by all means bring a friend. Let's have an overflow crowd at the Conyers VFW.

There are MANY hotels within 3 miles of the show. Just Google "Conyers GA Hotels" and a map will pop up.

See you on June 11 at 10:30am.

Regards,
Bill Ferguson
770-921-7253

ps: Oh yes, please forward this page to all your friends and let's fill up the VFW and PLEASE like our FACEBOOK page. https://www.facebook.com/Georgia-Steel-Guitar-Association-…/

http://www.georgiasteelguitar.com/

AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Last edited by Bill Ferguson on 30 May 2017 4:42 am; edited 6 times in total

Roger Crawford

Griffin, GA USA
Post  Posted 4 Apr 2017 7:44 am    

"Ther one and only" Tommy Dodd? I always thought he had a twin. He sure plays enough for two! Great player and friend. If you're in the area, don't miss the opportunity to have a great day of music.

Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 6 Apr 2017 6:34 am    

"Black Diamond" and I are very excited about this show! I've already got my set worked out!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 11 Apr 2017 3:22 am    

Bump for a great show
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Steve Geis

Fayetteville, GA USA
Post  Posted 11 Apr 2017 4:00 am    

This show is a MUST. Bill F & Staff do such a great job putting on these shows in Atlanta. And Larry Sasser!!!! Really looking forward to this show!!!

Ben ODell

Agricola, Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2017 6:50 pm     Might be there

Hey....
Ya'll got a place for me up there?

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2017 12:57 pm    

Hey Ben,

This show is completely booked and I have a couple of players in the wings in case of a cancellation.

We would love for you to come on up and visit with us GA folks and let's get you on our next show in November.

Just drop me an email: bferguson1947@gmail.com or 770-921-7253

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2017 12:34 pm    

Update

We have just added Chuck Campbell from Washington, DC to the lineup.

It's gonna be a goodun

Gary Lee Gimble

Fredericksburg, VA.
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2017 11:53 pm    

Bill Ferguson wrote:
Update

We have just added Chuck Campbell from Washington, DC to the lineup.

It's gonna be a goodun

I can't imagine Chuck living in the city....he's a good 'ole country fella living no where near DC's stuffed shirts...Haymarket, VA is where Mr Campbell calls home...and an excellent addition to any steel show too....not Haymarket, but Chuck Smile

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2017 2:53 am    

Thanks Gary,
Chuck just calls his home the "DC" area, so that is why I listed it this way.
Heck, yesterday, he was standing outside his bus in front of the White House.
He had just dropped off an NFL team to visit with Pres. Trump. I would say that is a pretty neat job, especially at 76 years old.

We look forward to Chuck visiting us again.

Now when can we get Gary Lee Gimble to GA?

Gary Lee Gimble

Fredericksburg, VA.
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2017 3:37 am    

Quote:

hmmmmm, an invitation would work Smile with ample notice please, I have this nagging thing known as a day gig....

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2017 4:31 am    

OK Gary,

Email me with your contact info.

bferguson1947@gmail.com

Bill Cunningham

Atlanta, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2017 9:01 pm    

Gary Lee Gimble wrote:
Quote:

hmmmmm, an invitation would work Smile with ample notice please, I have this nagging thing known as a day gig....

You are officially invited! Can't wait.

Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2017 10:01 pm    

This will be one of the best GaSGA shows!!! So many great players and musicians!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Steve Geis

Fayetteville, GA USA
Post  Posted 7 May 2017 4:53 am    

TTT - time for a bump! Can't wait for this one; gonna be a great one. AGAIN !!!!

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 10 May 2017 5:43 am    

The show has been updated.

Please make your plans to attend if at all possible.

I want to fill up the Conyers VFW

Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 22 May 2017 7:26 pm    

Counting down the days and I've been practicing my set! I've got two songs I've never played or sang at a show before!

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 31 May 2017 5:29 am    

Time for a last bump

Steve Geis

Fayetteville, GA USA
Post  Posted 5 Jun 2017 4:53 am    

BTT - gonna be awesome !!!!!