The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Responses
Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2017 5:20 am    

I know that I have mentioned this before but here it is again.

While it is easy to see how many people have viewed each video, it is NOT easy to know how many people enjoy the videos and the time it takes to process and post these.

So if you like what you see, from any members efforts, take a minute and post a comment here on the forum and also on YouTube (or other medium).

This lets us know that you really do appreciate the videos and want more.

Regards,
Bill
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Frank Freniere

The First Coast
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2017 5:41 am    

Hi Bill -

Many thanks for making your videos available to us and the world. I will try to at least acknowledge it each time I view one.

We've talked about adding a "like" button here before, haven't we? Smile

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2017 5:54 am    

Thanks Frank.
A "like" button is cute, but a real response means more than you know.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Walter Stettner

Vienna, Austria
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2017 5:59 am    

Can only speak for myself - I do enjoy all of them and I'd like to say a great big "Thanks" for all your efforts!

Best, Walter

Nigel Mullen

Cassilis, New Brunswick, Canada
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2017 6:54 am    

I love them Bill. I don't always comment for whatever reason but will change my bad habit. All the best NM

Tim Sergent

Hendersonville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2017 8:11 am    

Hey Bill. I really enjoy the videos you post here on the Forum. I looked all over YouTube last night for a Buddy Emmons video where he does one of his extended endings and he plays a piece of Grandfather's Clock in it. I thought it was SS Cool from Scotty's Christmas party in '91 but that's not it. Do you happen to know the video I'm talking about?

Tim Sergent

Hendersonville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2017 8:20 am    

Actually it wasn't the Christmas party because he had a derby on and was playing a different steel.

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2017 2:19 pm    

It was SS Cool, but not one of my videos.
I can't remember who posted it

Bill Sutton

Post  Posted 29 Mar 2017 4:01 pm    

https://youtu.be/rPEHd-2pad8

Milton C. Willmann

Spring Branch, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2017 4:53 pm    

Bill,

I have truly been amiss in responding to the priceless videos you post. There are absolutely great. Each one has something new and innovative. The players are the worlds best, and knowing the audience they were performing to, they did their best work. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your generosity.

Bill Dobkins

Rolla Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2017 5:28 pm    

Thanks Bill for what you do. This should also go for Audio post as well. I like feedback on my songs( good or bad). Otherwise how do we know if we are doing it right.
Again Thanks.
BJS Bars
Z~Legend Pro,Custom Tele
Honor our Vet's.
Now pass the gravy.

Rod Robichaud

New Brunswick, Canada
Post  Posted 30 Mar 2017 3:58 am    

Bill,

Thank-you so much for posting your videos. I know it inspires each and every one of us here on the forum. Great to be part of the Steel guitar family. I thank you my friend for taking time out of your day, to make mine better.

Rod

Dale Rottacker

Walla Walla Washington, USA
Post  Posted 30 Mar 2017 4:06 am    

Bill, I’m guilty of listening and more times than I should moving on withOUT making a comment, which over time become redundant... anyhow, I’M SORRY... your contribution is noticed and appreciated... We would miss out on a lot of really good examples of great steel guitar music if it weren’t for Bill Ferguson... Thanks, and I’ll try to do better. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
*1977 Blue Sho-Bud Pro 3 Custom 8x6
https://msapedalsteels.com
http://rittenberrysteelguitars.com
https://www.telonics.com/index.php
https://www.p2pamps.com
https://www.quilterlabs.com

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 30 Mar 2017 4:14 am    

Please understand, I am not asking for anything that all the other posters should receive also.

It is just nice to know that people either enjoy or don't enjoy the videos/audios.

It's kind of like when I was handling the video/audio for the ISGC and the Smoky Mtn Jamboree. As I told Scotty (who did not want me to bring home either), "How can I know if I am doing a good job and find ways to improve, if I can't see my own completed work?"

So be gracious and let everyone know how you feel when you watch or listen to a clip that has been posted.