The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Steel with Alison Krauss
Mark Eaton

Sonoma County in The Great State Of Northern California
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2017 1:37 pm    

Jerry hasn't left Union Station. There was a bit of a rumor on Jerry's Facebook page about this and he assured everyone it isn't the case.

AKUS takes more than its fair share of hiatus time as a band while the members go off in different directions to other projects.

Douglas is going to be 61 in a couple months and his career seems to be going stronger than ever. You don't hear that very often regarding world class musicians. I think even Jerry is surprised just how well The Earls of Leicester have gone over. I've seen them live three times myself and they are fantastic. In between he still has the JD Band along with sitting in with any number of folks.

A big event this year is the first ever American tour of the Trans Atlantic Sessions with many of the folks from both side of the Atlantic participating. This is from the long running TV special that has been shown on BBC going back to around 1995 with Jerry and Scottish fiddler Sir Aly Bain as the co-music directors. So far only east coast dates but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the tour will come to California later in the
year, more info below:

http://jerrydouglas.com/

Alison's diversion into traditional country is not unlike a different diversion regarding her album she did with Robert Plant around eight years ago, in that they toured to support the record for about a year. Jerry wasn't in on that deal either and he had become an official member of Union Station about 10 years prior.

I think we'll see AKUS resume at some point (I saw them play most recently in summer 2015 while on tour with Willie Nelson) but they sure are taking their sweet time in between albums.