The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  1982 Emmons Push Pull $3200
Jack Devereux

Brooklyn NY
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2017 11:58 am    

Hey folks, I'm selling a great 1982 Push Pull. I've had an opportunity to buy a Zumsteel locally, and though I really wish I could afford to keep both, my bank account says otherwise.

The guitar is in fantastic shape, it was rebuilt by Albert Johnson, and I bought it about three years ago from Dana Flood up in Maine, who is himself a very skilled P/P mechanic. It has 8 pedals and 7 levers. Pedals are the Le Grande style and all the metalwork is highly polished. Gauged roller on the E9 neck, original Emmons single coils in both necks, replacement Emmons wide white fretboards and reissue Kluson butterbean tuners. One very cool thing about this guitar is the fact that it has Jeff Newman and Buddy Emmons's signatures engraved on the key head end plate.

I paid $3800 for this guitar, I'm asking $3200 plus shipping to try and get it sold. I'm willing to drive within 3 or 4 hours of Asheville NC to meet.

You can hear this guitar on a recording session I did a while back here-
http://thebluegrasssituation.com/read/listen-town-mountain-big-river

Here is the link to Dana's original add
http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=263554&highlight=

These are his pictures because I don't have a good camera, but it still looks the same-

[url][/url]

Henry Matthews

Texarkana, Ark USA
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2017 2:17 pm    

Wow, nice guitar and a steal of a price. I've got an 82 black just like that one with LrGrand pedals and it is one of the best playing and sounding push pulls I've owned. The Legrand pedals are a plus because they are so much lighter than the orginal push pull pedals. Good luck on the sale.

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.

scott murray

Asheville, NC
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2017 3:25 pm    

I've heard and played this puppy and she's got quite the bark. everything you'd expect an Emmons to be.

and I forgot all about Buddy and Jeff's signatures on the endplate! that should actually up the value of this guitar significantly... it's a rare and priceless feature.

good luck Jack... wish I could take her off your hands but I'm sure you'll have no problem. post a pic of those sigs if you can! Wink

Jack Devereux

Brooklyn NY
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2017 6:10 am    

Thanks fellers. It's a great guitar. I'll try and post a picture of that end plate later.

Larry Behm

Mt Angel, Or 97362
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2017 9:45 am    

Jack is this unit still available?

Phone: 971-219-8533

Rex Mayfield

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2017 3:16 pm    

Jack, please check your PMs. Thanks, Rex

Rex Mayfield

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2017 9:29 pm    

Jack, I also sent you an email. Thank you,,, Rex

Jack Devereux

Brooklyn NY
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2017 6:07 am    

Sorry I've been slow to reply fellas, hadn't looked at the forum for a couple days. The Zum I was hoping to buy got sold, so I think I'm gonna hang on to this. However, if anybody has a Zum D-10 they'd want to swap or make some kind of deal on, let me know. Thanks, Jack

MIchael Bean

North Of Boston
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2017 6:21 am    

That sounds nice, Jack. It's got grit.

The Zum - isn't that what John McGann had?

Jack Devereux

Brooklyn NY
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2017 7:25 am    

Hey Michael, yeah, I believe John had a Zum hybrid. I know he had a Carter at one point, but he sold it before he passed. I think John Ziedler may have also built him a steel (I think it was a 12 string?) at one point. I've tried to track down John's Zum, Howie had some good leads, but I never found it. If it ever surfaced I'd sell a kidney to be able to buy the thing. Hope you're doing well.