Stephen Cowell

Round Rock, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2017 7:27 am    

asdfasdf

Last edited by Stephen Cowell on 13 Mar 2017 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jim Saunders

Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2017 8:12 am     Hotel

I was pretty satisfied with the accommodations. Comfy bed, clean room and vendors seemed to have great displays. And, the auditorium was great. My dissatisfaction was in the parking. I valet parked, but on Saturday morning I was going to play golf and the valet staff had not yet come to work at 7:30. The hotel shuttle van drove us all around until we found my SUV. He told us that the hotel allows for non-guest parkers who are going to the airport to park & shuttle for a fee. No telling how many spaces were used by non-guest heading for spring break. Then, on Sunday morning we were trying to leave about 7:30 and, again, no valet!! A very helpful staff member found my SUV and brought it to the front entry. He explained the valet service was an outside vendor.
But, I had a great time and it was a great show.

J R Rose

Keota, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2017 10:24 am    

Yes, Management could be better but this year was way better than last year was, at least for me. I had a large time and enjoyed every minute. J.R. Rose

Dave Potter

Texas
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2017 4:38 pm     Re: Hotel

Jim Saunders wrote:
I valet parked...and the valet staff had not yet come to work at 7:30....Then, on Sunday morning we were trying to leave about 7:30 and, again, no valet!

It's THAT stuff that makes me reluctant to even attend these kinds of things. I now avoid commercial flying for the same reasons.

All the slick promotional stuff gives the impression it'll be just wonderful. But the actual experience is often marred with all the little niggling details that you only find out about there, and at that point, you're a victim of circumstances; you have no choice but to accept them.

The novelty wears thin quickly. And the "staff" in question doesn't care much usually; they get paid their hourly wage, regardless of the inconveniences one experiences. Life's pretty short....

Jim Saunders

Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2017 5:27 pm     Hotel

Dave, That's a fairly gloomy outlook on the show, which, overall, was fantastic. I would not stay away over a parking issue or a power outlet. Look on the bright side. Lot's of talent on display, friends meeting friends, and, a break from routine.

Stephen Cowell

Round Rock, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2017 6:02 pm    

I want to apologize for posting without consulting the TSGA... my comments should in no way be construed as applying to the quality of the Jamboree or any people involved. I had a wonderful time and will attend as long as I'm able. I'm requesting this topic be closed please.