The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Beginners Notes #375-C Pedal Fill Ideas
Dick Sexton

Greenville, Ohio
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2017 12:41 pm    

I've noticed by the number of players that have looked at the Beginners Notes #371 dealing with "C Pedal Intro Ideas", that there may be a need for looking at "C Pedal" usage a little more. I'll try to do a little of that in the future. Thank you for following my Beginners Notes.

Tab:

Beginners Notes #375a-C Pedal Fill Ideas

1_________________/_Play as triplets--->___________________________________\________
2___________________________________________________________________________________
3__7B---10---12___12B__12________12B__12________14B__12B__12___14B__12B__12_________
4_________________12C__12__12C___12C__12__12C___14C__12C__12___14C__12C__12_________
5__7A---10---12___12C__12__12C___12C__12__12C___14C__14C__12___14C__12C__12_________
6__________________________12B____________12B_______________________________________
7___________________________________________________________________________________
8___________________________________________________________________________________
9___________________________________________________________________________________
10__________________________________________________________________________________

1__/_Play as triplets--->_________\_____/-Quick-\____/-Quick-\______________________
2___________________________________________________________________________________
3__12B__12________12B__12___________________________________________________________
4__12C__12__12C___12C__12__12C__12__________________________________________________
5__12C__12__12C___12C__12__12C__12______12A---12______7---7A________________________
6___________12B____________12B__12______12B---12______7---7B________________________
7___________________________________________________________________________________
8_______________________________________12----12______7---7_________________________
9___________________________________________________________________________________
10__________________________________________________________________________________

Tab:

Beginners Notes #375b-C Pedal Fill Ideas

Pedal Pop=On it and off of it as fast as you are capable
1_______________________/Pedal Pop\_______________5________________________________________
2__________________________________________________________________________________________
3______________3--5--5B~~5--5B--5~---5B~___5B--5___________________________________________
4__3--5C--5~________________________________________5______________________________________
5______________3--5--5A~~5--5A--5~---5A~_______________5--5A--5_____5--5A~_8--10--10A--10~_
6__3--5---5~_____________________________________________________5B~_______8--10--10B--10~_
7__________________________________________________________________________________________
8__________________________________________________________________________________________
9__________________________________________________________________________________________
10_________________________________________________________________________________________

Fred Treece

California, USA
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2017 9:31 am    

Nice one. I really liked your #371 too, with the interesting use of the 1/2 C.

Dick Sexton

Greenville, Ohio
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2017 5:47 pm     Beginners Notes #375b-C Pedal Fill Idea

Thank you Fred, appreciate the feed back...

Tab:

Beginners Notes #375b-C Pedal Fill Idea

1______________________________________________________________________________________
2______________________________________________________________________________________
3______________________________________________________________________________________
4__14---12-12C___________12C___14---12-12C___________12C___14---12-12C___________12C___
5__14---12-12C______12C__12C___14---12-12C______12C__12C___14---12-12C______12C__12C___
6______________12B__12B____________________12B__12B____________________12B__12B________
7______________________________________________________________________________________
8______________________________________________________________________________________
9______________________________________________________________________________________
10_____________________________________________________________________________________

1___________________________________________________________________________________
3___________________________________________________________________________________
4__13C--14C~___13C--14C~___12~______________________________________________________
5__13C--14C~___13C--14C~___12~_____12C--12__12C--12~~_______________________________
6__13B--14B~___13B--14B~___12~_____12B--12__12B--12~~_______________________________
8__________________________________12---12__12---12~~_______________________________

Last edited by Dick Sexton on 12 Mar 2017 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Fred Treece

California, USA
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2017 8:55 pm    

It seems that everything in your tab could be done on B and C. Was there some reason you chose to throw A into the mix?

Dick Sexton

Greenville, Ohio
Post  Posted 9 Mar 2017 5:20 am     C vers A

Fred, no, no reason at all and of course either will work in that situation. Usually I choose depending on where I'm headed next. I have, been practicing getting on and off of the B and C pedals. Remember, my notes are just ideas, can and should be played as the player desires...

Fred Treece

California, USA
Post  Posted 9 Mar 2017 10:28 am     Re: C vers A

Dick Sexton wrote:
I have, been practicing getting on and off of the B and C.

Yeah that is a good trick.

Tommy Shown

Denham Springs, La.
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2017 9:21 pm    

I use the B and C pedals as fill in on song I play in the band I am in. The C pedal, like the second string is one of the most neglected pedals on the steel. Glad to see you are doing this Dick.

Dick Sexton

Greenville, Ohio
Post  Posted 12 Mar 2017 7:28 am     Thank you...

Thanks Tommy, appreciate the good word.

Yes, I neglected it for some time, even now it is new and "SO" useful. As I discover more, I'll put them up...

Anyone have one, feel free to add it or do a verbal and I'll do my best to tab it out. Let's try to keep it simple, as a learning tool.

Fred Treece

California, USA
Post  Posted 12 Mar 2017 11:38 am    

Here's one with C pedal on string 4 and D lever on the 2nd string. Straight 8th notes, it's Chuck Berry. Swing it and it's Muddy Waters. Good luck deciphering.

|--------0-------------------0---|--------0-----------------------|
|---------------------0D---------|---------------------0D-------|
|--------------------------------|--------------------------------|
|0__0C-----0C__0---------------|0__0C-----0C__0----------------|
|------------------------0-------|------------------------0------|

Dick Sexton

Greenville, Ohio
Post  Posted 19 Mar 2017 3:28 pm     Don't think I've heard this one, probably just to simple!

Tab:

Easy C pedal fill going from 4 to the 5 chord, resolve
to the 1 in "F"

1__8-8___10-10___11-11___13-13_____________________
2__________________________________________________
3________________________________/8________________
4__8-8C__10-10C__11-11C__13-13C____________________
5________________________________/8________________
6_____________________________________________8-8B_
7__________________________________________________
8_____________________________________________8-8__
9__________________________________________________
10____________________________________________8-8A_

As in:
Apartment #9

Just follow, the stair---(insert here)...
To apartment #9.