The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  My New Peavey Nashville 112!
Stu Schulman

Ulster Park New Yawk (deceased)
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2017 9:05 am    

I picked up my new Peavey Nashville 112this past Saturday at imperial guitars in New Paltz New York.When I can I try to buy local and support my local music store,This amp is wonderful for some strange reason Peavey steel guitar amps have the right midrange for me"The sound that I hear in my head"plenty loud reverb is great,probably a spring which works best for me,So far I played my practice guitar a GFI Ultra with GFI II pickups,Next I will set up my favorite Desert Rose guitars and take it for a spin...So far I'm loving this amp! Winking
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.

Mike Archer

church hill tn
Post  Posted 7 Mar 2017 12:58 am     nashville 112

that's great Stu

ive been using the 112 for the last 15 years

in one form or another ive been pleased with mine

nice thing is its weight!

have fun

mike

Lee Bartram

Sparta, Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 7 Mar 2017 3:59 am    

other than the cosmetics are there any differences in the new ones vs the older ones?

Stu Schulman

Post  Posted 7 Mar 2017 5:51 am    

Lee,I've only played out of the older model a couple of times at a friend's house a few years ago...I guess this is the one built in China and it's wonderful,at first I was a little worried about playing out of a 12"speaker vs.The 15"speakers that I've been playing out of for years but I really can't hear any difference...great little amp plus I can understand it! Winking
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.

Tiny Olson

Mohawk River Valley, Upstate NY
Post  Posted 7 Mar 2017 4:45 pm    

Hey Stu. Congrats on the new amp. I have a 112 (as well as a few other amps) and have been quite happy with it. My favorite amp is my Walker Stereo Steel, but the little PV 112 sounds very good and is a pleasure to haul around.

I replaced the stock verb with a Mod unit I bought from Amplified Parts and have been really pleased with the improvement and the amp in general. I often go out with just the amp, my '69 Emmons D-10 and my seat. Guitar to vol. pedal to the 112. Old school... cooool !!

Good luck with the new amp Stu and we need to get together for a visit someday soon.

Chris "Tiny" O.

Stu Schulman

Post  Posted 8 Mar 2017 5:50 am    

Tiny,Yes I need to get my butt up to your place,Roads are getting better,I have a few steel amps in my basement,a Sho-Bud Christmas Tree,Two Peavey LTD's when their not broken they are wonderful"when" I have a little reverb box that I bought a while ago but have never used it,I should check it out...I'll be in touch soon! Winking [/list]

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2017 6:21 am    

Congrats on the new amp! A second plus vote on the MOD reverb tank.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger