The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Fender Stratocaster - $495 - Great Guitar for the Money
Tom Webb

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2017 11:29 am    

Selling a partscaster Strat I got in on trade. Medium-lightweight at 7lbs 12oz and very lively and resonant. Good set of pickups, nice feeling neck.

All genuine Fender parts:

MIM Classic 50’s neck dated 2015, soft V profile, 7.5 radius, vintage frets with very little if any visible wear, truss rod adjust at heel, nice amber tinted thin finish, vintage style tuners. Back of neck was rubbed with 0000 steel wool for a silky smooth feel. Truss rod works but isn't needed as this neck is straight as an arrow.

Alder body, much better than average 3 color sunburst finish, “relic” wear (previous owner did the relic wear on the body), vintage style 6 point tremolo bridge (2 1/8” spacing) with full size steel block with Fender stamped saddles.

Fender Custom Shop ‘69 grey bottom pickups with all cloth wiring, quality CTS pots, 5 way switch and a nice PIO tone cap.

Since the body already had a relic thing going, I went ahead and used my mad scientist aging techniques on all the plastic and metal hardware. Nothing overdone (well, the plastic parts are aggressively “smokey”) and all the moving parts were lubed so they turn and function as they should despite a little rust here and there. Guitar has a pretty cool mojo goin' on.

It plays in tune and rings out loud and vibrant, and the Custom Shop '69 PU’s sound really good...very clear and bell-like. For an inexpensive guitar this thing is no joke. You could easily gig with this and leave your expensive guitar safe at home.

$495 plus actual shipping PPG or buyer pays fee.

*Case not included* *NO CASE* Guitar will be well-packed to protect it during shipping.