The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  field test for Desert Rose S-10
Billy Carr

Seminary, Mississippi, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2017 3:40 am    

Well, last night was the first time I took my DR out to play. I had fine tuned the mechanics this past week and put my set up on it. 3 & 5 with GL Eon pu and wood neck. All wood body, maple, I think with clear lacquer and top deck w/black lacquer. Very pleased w/DR. Stayed in perfect tune all night. I would put the tone somewhere between the old Sho-Buds and ZB guitars. Chiming any where on the neck is excellent also. Not sure of the year model, doesn't matter to me. Changer is triple raise & double lower. Guitar comes with a fine case also. Chuck Back builds a fine guitar. My Excel has an aluminum neck, mica covered body & 10-1 pu. It's also a fine guitar but has a tone of it's own depending on where you pick the strings away from the pu. All I use is Live Steel Strings, NV-400 & a DD3 delay with George L cables. VP is a Hilton pedal I bought from Fred Justice. Joe Naylor builds my seats also. I get asked questions about equipment all the time, so I put it here while I was thinking about it. Thanks.

Stu Schulman

Ulster Park New Yawk (deceased)
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2017 6:31 am    

Chuck Back builds great guitars,Right now I've got two one with an aluminum neck/A Bill Lawrence LXR-16 pickup,4+5 mica finish,And a beautiful All wood Gretsch orange two tone maple/Lacquer finish 4+5 with a Telonics 206 pickup and they are two of the finest pedal steel guitars that I've ever played! Winking
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.

Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2017 7:46 pm     Thanks

Thanks Billy glad you like your steelseat.

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP

Douglas Krause

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 26 Feb 2017 1:52 pm    

I'm glad you're happy with the Desert Rose, Billy, and that it's going to get played like it should. It was tough to let it go, it is a great guitar. I hope you enjoy it for a long time. Thanks for giving it a good home.

Andy Jones

Mississippi
Post  Posted 26 Feb 2017 6:42 pm    

I knew that you would get another guitar soon!You had the other one much longer than I thought you would.It doesn't matter what you play;you always sound great.I remember when you played that Carter Starter at Gulfport.Everyone was amazed what you got out of that thing.

I'll be seeing you soon!

Andy

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 26 Feb 2017 8:21 pm    

I'm very happy with mine, and also with the blue S-10 that Chuck built for my good friend Johnnie Robbins. Desert Rose guitars are excellent! Mr. Green

Billy Carr

Seminary, Mississippi, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 27 Feb 2017 2:19 am     psg

Andy, how ya doin'? I still have the red/black Excel. I just play the Desert Rose also. Both are nice guitars. Take care buddy !