The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Need room mate for TSGA -CLOSE PLEASE
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2017 5:04 am    

My room mate is not going to be able to make the show due to medical reasons. I have a room at the Sheraton Thurs through Saturday night and would like to split expenses with someone. Non smoking room. Send me an email or pm.
Just wanted to add that I have met some really nice people this way. I have a couple of references I could give you that would lie and say I am a nice guy and easy to get along with !! Smile
Thanks !
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Last edited by Larry Lenhart on 25 Feb 2017 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 10 Feb 2017 4:06 pm    

bump
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Jim R. Harrison

North Vancouver, B. C., Canada
Post  Posted 11 Feb 2017 1:52 pm    

I am one of those who could "LIE" about Larry being a good guy! We shared a room & expenses in St. Louis a few years ago. Unfortunately for you, Larry, I have arranged to share a room with another friend of mine, from Alberta. Good luck in your search. See you in a few weeks. Cheers, Jim Harrison

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 11 Feb 2017 3:53 pm    

Thanks Jim for the "reference"...haha
Was good to see you in Phoenix and you took some great pictures there, as always. Look forward to seeing you again in Dallas. I think someone will come along...I am sure some people dont know for sure until the last minute if they will be able to make it. If all fails, I can cancel the room and stay with my daughter who lives in Dallas.

Jim R. Harrison

Post  Posted 12 Feb 2017 11:50 pm    

Larry, check under "Events" for Larry Toliver requesting a room mate!

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2017 5:52 pm    

I called the hotel today just to make sure my reservation wasnt lost, and they indeed confirmed it. Only problem is, it is with one king size bed and so I got a roll away bed for me, and if you decide to room with me, you may have the king size, not a problem for me at all ! Time is running short, so please contact me so that we can work things out...again, it is a non smoking room and is reserved for thursday night, the 9th, thru saturday night, leaving on Sunday, the 12th. Thanks !

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2017 6:44 pm    

Time is getting short and I am starting to get a little nervous about getting any one to share the room...I think I have up to 24 hours before the reservation date to let the room go. I think a lot of people dont know for sure if they can come until the last moment...I have had one "maybe" but nothing firm and he said to let it go to someone else if they know for sure. Long winded post just to say "roommate still wanted " Smile

Don R Brown

Rochester, New York, USA
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2017 8:28 pm    

Larry Lenhart wrote:
I think I have up to 24 hours before the reservation date to let the room go.

Shoot, if nobody steps up, is half the cost of a room going to break the bank? Stay solo, enjoy the event, and snore as loud as you want to! Wink

Jim R. Harrison

Post  Posted 24 Feb 2017 8:48 pm    

Larry, did you check with any of the fellows I sent names of to you in an email? Good luck!! Very Happy

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2017 5:31 am    

Don, you are right of course, its just that money spent on a room takes away from money I can spend at the vendor tables ! Smile

Jim, thanks for your help...I did email them.

Don R Brown

Rochester, New York, USA
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2017 6:15 am    

Larry Lenhart wrote:
Don, you are right of course, its just that money spent on a room takes away from money I can spend at the vendor tables ! Smile

A very valid point, and one I had not considered!

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2017 7:36 pm    

Please close this thread...going to stay with daughter for the weekend.
Thanks !

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 26 Feb 2017 5:34 pm    

I cancelled my room at the Sheraton this afternoon, so the next person on the wait list should be getting notified.
For a 20 min drive each way, lots cheaper to stay at my daughters house ! This way I can spend more money with the vendors anyway Smile