The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  HOLY COW! Telonics 12" NEO in NV112
Jeff Metz Jr.

York, Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2017 3:58 pm    

Just Swapped the Blue Marvel In my Modded(Chips) Nashville 112 for a Telonics 12" 4OHM neo.
I cannot believe how good it sounds. I went from an original NV112 to a Modded with Telonics and I am blown away. If you haven't done this to your amp you ARE missing out I promise you. The amp rings like a bell. I owe The Fine folks at Telonics a debt of Gratitude. Thank you.

Georg Sørtun

Mandal, Agder, Norway
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2017 4:57 pm    

Good to know you're happy with the result, as I plan on doing the same speaker-swap in my NV112s Very Happy

Ken Metcalf

San Antonio Texas USA
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2017 5:28 pm    

Telonics in general is pretty good stuff.

Tom Wolverton

Carpinteria, CA
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2017 6:19 pm     a possible jingle

"It's like giving yourself aural colonics, when you run your amp with Telonics"

Jeff Metz Jr.

York, Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2017 5:00 am    

Only gripe I have now is with the onboard reverb. I ordered a new Mod brand tank last night per Tommy white's recommendation. Sounds more like a twins reverb I'm told.

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2017 7:11 am    

I recently replaced a faulty Accutronics tank with a Mod tank in a Fender Steel King. This was the second of the same model of Accutronics tank to fail in this amp. They both failed the same way. The loose transformer on the transducer caused the winding wires to break inside the transformer. Very shoddy construction and not the same rugged layout as the old Accutronics or Hammond tanks.

The new Mod tank I received was constructed just like the classic rugged Accutronics tanks of old. The reverb in the Steel King was much improved. The metallic tin can sound produced by the old tank, even when it was new, was gone. I could now run a deeper reverb with no harshness. The Mod tank cost less than the Accutronics!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Dave Stroud

Texas
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2017 1:52 pm    

I bought a 112 here on the forum from a member who said it had a telonics. When I got it, it was an eminence EPS-12C.

I still want to hear the telonics, and how it differs with the eminence. I know there's already been a thread on the various speakers that people have replaced in their 112s.

George Macdonald

Vancouver Island BC Canada
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2017 2:15 pm     speakers

I replaced the speaker in my Nashville 112 with an Eminence Travis Toy signature speaker. Although it is an 8 ohm speaker, there is no apparent loss in volume. If anything, it is louder then the original 4 ohm, and sounds great. The MOD brand reverb pan was a big improvement also.

Lynn Kasdorf

Waterford Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2017 9:26 pm    

I put a 4ohm eminence eps12c in my nv112 and hallelujah! I love it. A deltalite was good but too bright. A Jupiter ceramic was nice but very bright.
The eps12c has nice sharpness on low notes but is not brittle up the neck. I'm guessing the telonics is similar.

Last edited by Lynn Kasdorf on 23 Feb 2017 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2017 3:35 am    

About 6 months ago I pulled the N112 stock Blue Marvel and replaced it with a Fender "Eminence" Gold label 12, which is 8 ohms. There is NO audible difference in output level and the overall EQ curve of the amp has changed big time, no more severe mid range honk, the amp now leans towards bright rather than strong in the mids. An amp that I didn't much care for is now my favorite amp to use, and I do, at least 6 gigs/month !

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2017 4:53 am    

My gigging setup is Carvin BX500 amp and an Eminence EPS-15C speaker.

I had a NV112 and tried the Eminence EPS-12C (tried two) and they were nice speakers - if I were going to play my Telecaster through the amp. But for steel the stock speaker was my choice. However, I installed the OPA2134 chips and the amp perked up. I decided there was no need for an expensive speaker change, the $30 (approx)chip upgrade was all that was needed.