The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Excited about getting a Telonics amp in Dallas :)
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2017 1:09 pm    

I just sold my Carter,sent in a forum donation,and
now am axiously waiting for the Dallas show, for many reasons, but one of which is to get a Telonics amp that I have been wanting for a few years. I got to use one of these amps during my set of the Phoenix show as Dave B. graciously allowed us to use and was really really impressed. One of the best parts about it is being able to use it with my Gretsch Country Gentleman guitar also and getting a great sound out of it, not my playing, mind you, but the amp. Smile No real point to this post, just sharing my excitement about my decision. I will post pictures of it along with my Zumsteel D10 in Arizona after the show. Smile
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2017 1:38 pm    

Great news! Looking forward to the pictures.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Charley Hill

The Dirty South
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2017 12:46 pm     Re: Excited about getting a Telonics amp in Dallas :)

Larry Lenhart wrote:
I just sold my Carter,sent in a forum donation,and
now am axiously waiting for the Dallas show, for many reasons, but one of which is to get a Telonics amp that I have been wanting for a few years. I got to use one of these amps during my set of the Phoenix show as Dave B. graciously allowed us to use and was really really impressed. One of the best parts about it is being able to use it with my Gretsch Country Gentleman guitar also and getting a great sound out of it, not my playing, mind you, but the amp. Smile No real point to this post, just sharing my excitement about my decision. I will post pictures of it along with my Zumsteel D10 in Arizona after the show. Smile

Can't wait to see you Larry.....Telonics is the ticket!

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2017 1:29 pm    

Thanks for the positive responses guys...charley...look forward to seeing you in dallas
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Paddy Long

Christchurch, New Zealand
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2017 3:56 pm    

Larry you are going to love these amps mate Very Happy Hopefully will get to meet in Dallas
Telonics, Peterson, Steelers Choice, Benado, Lexicon, Red Dirt Cases.

Charley Hill

The Dirty South
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2017 5:11 pm    

Meet in the Common Wealth Corner?

gary pierce

Rossville TN
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2017 6:36 pm    

Im so jealous.

John Macy

Rockport TX/Denver CO
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2017 10:34 am    

The best!

Bill Miller

Gaspe, Quebec, Canada
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2017 11:29 am    

You won't be disappointed. I got the TCA 500B last summer and the honeymoon hasn't waned a bit. Every once in a while a product comes along that really stands out from the crowd and this amp is one of those. It still impresses me every time I turn it on. Absolutely top notch engineering.

Paddy Long

Post  Posted 20 Feb 2017 12:51 pm    

Charley, Commonwealth Corner is where the Elite meet to Greet (and eat) .. and to take care of hydration Very Happy

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2017 2:03 pm    

Well that explains why I didnt know what he was talking about, haha, and I have been going to the TSGA Jamboree since it was downtown at the Adams Marks, I think it was called !

Brad Issendorf

Lake City, Minnesota
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2017 6:04 pm    

As for me, I have nothing but good to say about dealings with their company. I needed an old LeMay preamp looked at that I thought that I was having issues with. Even though it wasn't sold by them, it was manufactured by them and Mr. Dave told me to go ahead and send it down to them, in spite of the fact that I wasn't even the original owner.

They tested it and retested it and could find no problems with it. They cleaned the unit so it looked new again and sent it back to me free of charge. Later when I put it all back together again, I finally found that the intermittent problem was my effects unit.

I have many many hours of practice and honestly a couple of hundred gigs on that unit. They are truly a one of a kind business model in this day and age. My next new steel guitar sound gear purchase will be without a doubt a Telonics product.

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2017 6:06 am    

Brad, I totally agree with what you said. The Telonics people are top notch in all ways...sales, after sales service, and just genuine folks ! I have known Dave B for many years now and he is a sincere and honest man ! A true jewel ! Proud to call him friend. I have played both guitar and steel thru his amps and I know its the one for me ! I got one of his volume pedals about a year ago and have been very pleased with it from day one.

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2017 7:21 am    

Another plug here for great customer service from Telonics. Their FP-100 is the first electronic foot volume pedal that I find acceptable to finally put my old pot pedal to rest!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Carl Williams

Oklahoma
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2017 11:53 am    

Will be standing by Larry for feedback on the Telonics Amp you get at the BIG D Show! I'll second Greg on the FP-100 vol ped---I've had my Telonics Vol ped going on 7 years and "knock on wood", nary a problem with it. Great product from great folks!

George McLellan

Duluth, MN USA
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2017 12:21 pm    

Now for the big one??????? Are you going to bring it to AZ so I can hear it at Sunland?
Looking forward to jaming with you again.
Geo

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2017 12:45 pm    

Yepper I will be bringing it along and leaving for Az as soon as the show is over...looking forward to seeing you and doing some pickin' and grinnin' ! Not long now !

Paddy Long

Post  Posted 21 Feb 2017 12:46 pm    

The Telonics pickups are pretty outstanding as well - they make several models, a few of which I have AB'd and for me the 409 is the one that stands out! I have them on both of my Zum Hybrids.... you will not find better customer service, or better people in the industry, and they stand behind every product they produce ! Just an amazing company.

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2017 1:01 pm    

Paddy, yes I have been thinking about those pickups as well in my Zum....hope to meet you in Dallas !

Dave Beaty

Mesa, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2017 3:02 pm     All done!

Hey Larry,

Your amplifier is completed and out of final test - ready to go in the box headed for the truck "that's fixin' to head for the big D"!

I wanted to play it, but we're "leavin' it all up to you"!

Dave

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2017 3:12 pm    

Dave
Thats great news ! Thanks so much...I am excited to get there ! You're the best man ! Take care and have a safe trip ! Won't be long now Smile Smile

Charley Hill

The Dirty South
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2017 8:03 pm    

Larry,

When you get your amp, try these settings. They are Lloyd Greens settings that I got from him.

Another steel player I gave these to said they really made a difference. From the "Tone Master" himself.

You're going to love the amp.

See you soon!

Last edited by Charley Hill on 24 Feb 2017 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2017 8:24 pm    

I got a head ache trying to read the settings...haha
thanks

Charley Hill

The Dirty South
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2017 8:34 pm    

Dang how'd that happen?

Charley Hill

The Dirty South
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2017 8:44 pm    

I think I fixed it...lol