The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Telonics amp with Boss DD-20 delay pedal
Marvin Born

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2017 2:21 pm    

When I recieved my new Telonics mini 12 combo amp I knew it did not have a delay effect built in, only reverb and dobro. But it did have effects in and out jacks and a 9 volt power jack on the. back. I decided to try my Boss DB-20 Delay pedal that I have had for a few years. Reading the instruction manual, I noticed that the DD-20 has provisions for +4DB in and out which match one of the settings on the Telonics combo and I found a feature that allowed wet only effects to be output on the B jack when it was set for mono with the input signal on the A input. Perfect for the parallel analog signal path of the mini combo.

Set the wet -dry to zero, then adjust the reverb level for the desired reverb and adjust the level the delay to achieve the desires mix between the reverb and delay. The wet-dry knob works as usual to adjust the dry-wet ratio.

Telonics included the power cable with the amp to operate 9 volt center negative devices from its built in power jack. I made a pair of 1/4 to1/4 mono cables and I was ready to go.

Too bad the DD-20 is not a current product. It is perfect for the Telonics mini series and other parallel analog signal path ampifiers.