Author Topic:  wtb zum encore
Robert D Smith

New York, USA
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2017 6:33 pm    

looking for zum encore,thanks bob. my cell 5857477231

Bob Poole

Myrtle Beach SC, USA
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2017 1:23 am     Encore

Great steel...Hope you find one.I had one & sold it almost 2 years ago & have missed it ever since.....another is on the way before much longer.

Bruce Bishop

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2017 6:54 pm     Encore

Hey Bob,
I'm also thinking about getting one. I
emailed - ( Doug Earnest) yesterday ,haven't heard back yet.
I was looking at the stageone and saw the Encore , for only a few more bucks I could step up a level ..
How did you like yours ,were the pedals & knees smooth, any issues such as tunning or pickup ?

Thanks Bruce

Andrew Wright

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2017 8:04 pm    

I've also been looking for a used Encore. They hold their value so well that it's worth it to just get a new one from Doug if you can stand the wait.

Jason King

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2017 9:22 am    

My son has been playing one a lot since Christmas and it sounds great. It also stays in tune and is very smooth. I agree, its worth the wait if you can.

John Sluszny

Brussels, Belgium
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2017 10:00 am    

Michael Douchette plays a Stage One.
https://soundcloud.com/user649826/sets/stage-one-steel-guitars-audio-demo
So if it's good enough for him...
One question tho'.Is it easy to change the set up (copedent)? Thanks !

Last edited by John Sluszny on 11 Feb 2017 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bruce Bishop

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2017 3:11 pm     Encore

Andrew you are right "if you can stand the wait"
Just got email from Doug on the Encore model he said I can order now & it would be ready around August .

Could get the Stage One in 4 months !!

Busy man

Paddy Long

Christchurch, New Zealand
Post  Posted 14 Feb 2017 11:42 am    

John the setup on the Encore can be changed around - the setup on the Stage One is set and can't be. The Encore has a standard all pull changer - the Stage One I believe is a pull release type changer.
Telonics, Peterson, Steelers Choice, Benado, Lexicon, Red Dirt Cases.

Bob Poole

Myrtle Beach SC, USA
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2017 2:29 pm     Zum Encore

Mine got here Thursday afternoon...about an hour before I had to go into work.Needless to say,I was mighty happy when my shift was over.Doug sure did a GREAT job on it & was a pleasure to deal with! It is a beautifl instrument & sounds incredible! Planning on spending some "quality time" Saturday after my early shift.I am planning on using it for Sunday's church service !

Peter Elegant

New York, USA
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2017 10:18 am     Encore

WOW .. Got mine last year .. GREAT INSTRUMENT ... LOVE IT .

Blaine OBrien

San Francisco, USA
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2017 11:44 am    

Yeah wait for the real thing. I LOVE mine. Super lightweight and plays effortlessly. There's pics of me all over the internet lugging that thing around the US and the UK. I built a road case out of an old NORD case and I tote all around NYC with that thing rolling behind me.

Bob Poole

Myrtle Beach SC, USA
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2017 12:20 pm     Encore

This was the first time out with mine & it sounded great according to 7 band members & quite a few fellow church members.A couple of them,my sister & my nephew(who's also a band member)has heard every steel I've had & every band I've been in since I started playing in 1975 & they know what sounds good.I LOVE this steel.I've played quite a few since starting out & this one,in all aspects,is right there @ the top of the list.Bruce & Doug are certainly a great team & have designed & built a remarkable guitar.

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 26 Feb 2017 11:50 am    

Bob, most likely you got the one I cancelled. It's a beautiful guitar. I would loved to have had it. My age and health are just getting to be to much. I am going to start selling some of my things. I'm looking to get down to just one steel and amp, and cut my goodies in half. My lessons I'll keep for now. Just making it easier for my wife when I depart this ol world. Doug Earnest is with out a doubt the nicest man I know. I can't say enough nice things about him, and he hasn't had it easy. I know you will enjoy that Encore. I have the StageOnes.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 26 Feb 2017 11:59 am    

John, if your playing the standard Emmons set up, you don't need to change the StageOne. I have owned two of them and have never had a need to change them, and there has never been anything I could play on it, that could be played on something else. The StageOne is one fine guitar, and it can't be sold short. I have three guitars, and still go back to it all the time. I know I have to cut down and I hate the thoughts of letting it go. Don't know if I can. It is a great guitar, and can only be replaced by another ZUM.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

BOBBY JACKS

Fort Madison, Iowa
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2017 6:26 pm     Encore,,,

Bob, I have a All Black One In Like New Condition, I will sell,, 5 Knees,,, 4 Floors Franklin Pedal ,,18.5 Humbucker Pickup,, Plays excellent ,, with Pad ,,if your interested email me at bjsperformance@hotmail.com I have 2 I keeping the other one Great Guitars ,and they Sound Awesome,, I took the 18.5 pickup out on mine and had jerry Wallace make me a 17.5,,,True Tone Single Coil and it Sounds awesome,, You won't be sorry with a encore, as professional as you can get and Doug and Bruce Are wonderful People to work with !