The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Yep, back with a new gig.
Steve Stallings

Houston/Cypress, Texas
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2017 3:10 pm    

So I got tired of the road gigs and retired a bit over five years ago. I wanted to spend more time with my family and it just wasn't feeling right for me at that time.

I got a call a week ago and auditioned for the job and got it. It's a bit of work because the last girl I played for was Sheri Mitchell over 15 years ago.
Anyway, this young lady just finished recording her first CD at The Soundstage, Emerald, Omnisound, Blackbird and one other that I can't recall. Jeff Huskins producing. Scott Sanders did the studio steel. Brent Mason on electric. Evan Hutching? on drums. I know that others where involved because there is banjo, keys, mandolin, acoustic all over the CD. Oh, the Nashville Strings did some stuff too.

From what I understand, they are still mixing several of the songs but it is all done. It is going to Georgetown Masters for mastering.

Her first single will be "Sober". I will try to get a link to it.

This is not yet mastered but still sounds pretty darned good. I promise... there is more promininet steel on the live version Wink

I will handle steel, banjo, and mandolin for her.

All that is booked at the moment is some local Houston area tune up gigs. But she is good and this is going to fly.
Her band:
Anthony Klonaris lead guitar (Johhny Lee, Forrester Sisters, others
Carlo Cansella bass (awesome player... has played for Chick Correa and has his own jazz CD's out.
Anthony Narvaez (acoustic guitar/percussion)
Chris Garcia on drums.

I have not met the FOH sound guy but I have been told his name is Dan and that he worked FOH sound for Vince Gill in the past.

Ok guys... yeah, I'm old as dirt but they seem thrilled that I'm on board.
Her name is "Carrie Marie" #teamcarriemarie

I think her biggest fan is Leann Rymes. no joke...

She loves pedal steel. Her favorite singers are Leann Rymes, Martina Mcbride, Reba, Sara Evans, Patty Loveless, and Carrie Underwood. I know this because we are having to do covers too until some of her songs are known and we actually start touring to promote her CD. I had to learn "Blue, I want to be a cowboys sweetheart", and Purple Rain off of Leanns stuff. I honestly don't know where this will end up for her. She's young and just getting started. But when I went to the first rehearsal, I was literally stunned at just how good she is. Oh, the boys in the band kick serious butt too. LOL.

Most importantly to me.... this young girl love Jesus and has a great head on her shoulders.

So... this old man is ready to do this again.

Jack Stanton

Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2017 3:33 pm    

That's great, Steve! Best of luck with it.