The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Steel Guitar Cruise - Thank You All!
Dan Kelly

Boston, MA
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2017 3:29 am    

Thank You to everyone who helped organize and host the 1st Steel Guitar Cruize! It was FABULOUS! The weather was great and the music was hot!

Doug Jernigan, Buck Reid, Russ Hicks, all of the players, plus the two bands that were featured, were all in great form.

The entertainment was great! And, I found having access to some of the best players in the business was educational, to say the least!

Next year???? I AM IN!

Tim Herman

Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2017 4:44 am    

It was great to meet you folks. A great time was had by all!

gary pierce

Rossville TN
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2017 5:39 am    

My wife and I had a great time, and I would also like to thank all the organizers, staff, band, and players who gave their time and effort to make this happen.

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2017 9:33 am    

I am so proud to have been a part of this great event.
The Carnival Fantasy crew catered to our every need and the show came off without a hitch.

Every person involved, including the audience, gave it 110%.

I met some new people and instantly became friends, plus I saw many old friends.

All I can say is I can't wait for next year.

Here is a picture of the players and staff bands.
See if you can name everyone!!!! (I can)

AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Steve Geis

Fayetteville, GA USA
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2017 12:32 pm    

Yes, it was so awesome! We had great weather, including our visit to Cozumel. The Carnival Fantasy was a beautiful ship. There was so much food; I tried to do my share!! We laughed together, we prayed and fellowshipped together, we played & listened to music together, door prizes and raffles and I think just about everyone went home with something!!??! So many new friends made; I think everyone wore out their cameras/cells taking pictures!!! All the player performances were awesome. Getting our equip on the ship was a little easier than we had anticipated and getting off with our equip was MUCH EASIER than we anticipated, so that was a pleasant surprise to the players! Great audience, great house band, great singers and great steel players, one and all ! It was so awesome!! Thanks to everyone that was there!!!! Hope we all get to do it again. Steve

Bill Cunningham

Atlanta, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2017 6:18 pm    

Dan, Tim, Gary

So nice to meet you all and spend some time together. Glad you enjoyed it.

I can't add a lot to what Bill Ferguson and Steve Geis said. It was a great time. Looking forward to next year.

Jimmy Hodge

West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2017 9:57 pm    

Thanks to everyone who made the cruise such a success! It was an honor to play with some great players and wonderful people! What a great venue for a steel guitar event! Working on future plans! Stay tuned!

Roger Crawford

Griffin, GA USA
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2017 6:03 am    

Thanks to Jimmy, Melanie, Steve and Bill for all the hard work involved in putting this together. And thanks for letting me be a part of it! The schedule was great. We had time to hear a lot of great music as well as having time to enjoy the fellowship and all of the ship's amenities. We truly were a steel guitar family.t

Tommy Dodd

Acworth, Ga., USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2017 12:19 pm    

Donna and I too want to thank Jimmy, Melanie, Steve and Bill for all the hard work involved in putting this event together. Also, our travel agent Jackie Hardy did a great job of keeping us at the right places at the right time. Nobody got left in Cozumel!

Everything went off without a hitch. The ship (and ship's personnel) was excellent as well as the food, weather, and amenities. All of the steel players brought their "A game" and had fun with a very cordial/appreciative crowd. I can't say enough good things about the band. All of them were superlatives and fully supported each steel player during their set.

We can't wait to hear the announcement of the repeat for next year. If you missed it this time, book early for the next one. I bet it will sell out early!

Bob Strickland

South Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2017 3:28 pm     Thanks, thanks a lot!

This show was truly special. We had a handful of steel players who would have been headliners on most shows.

Everybody likes going on a cruise, but being there with a group of friends that like "our kind of music" made the experience so much better.

Thanks to everyone who coordinated the show. Also, thanks to all of the patrons from all over the U.S., as well as Canada and India! I hope you enjoyed it as much as the performers!

David Hubenak

Wallis, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2017 6:40 am    

What a fun event this steel guitar cruise was! Looking forward to hearing from Jacki about the next one. Many thanks to all who made it happen!