The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Mullen SD-10 "Limited Edition" question?
Jeff Barrett

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 31 Jan 2017 4:26 pm    

I bought this steel from a local man who bought it from another local that bought it new. They are actually both dead now so I'm glad a piece of their music can live on with me. Anyways, on the pedal rack is a nice "Limited Edition" badge. I'm curious what, if anything, makes this guitar special. It's a 4x4 and nothing really seems to be special. However, I'm not claiming to be an expert by any means. Serial number is 2818 so it was made in 1996 I believe? Thanks ahead of time for the help!

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 31 Jan 2017 4:41 pm    

Might be something one of the previous owners stuck on there along with the pinstriping and the gl sticker. Can't see the mechanics, but don't see anything unusual from your photos.

I guess Mike or Del could tell you if there were such models. Never seen that before myself. Really nice guitar though.

Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2017 7:32 pm    

It's a stick-on plastic label that was made for automotive use. A previous owner likely just wanted to make someone think it was "special", or maybe cover up a scratch or gouge.

Jeff Metz Jr.

York, Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2017 7:57 pm    

Ha, as Soon as I saw that emblem I though "advance Auto".
I just saw a couple badges there the other day and thought about Bruce Zumsteg's first "Custom" Steel. Could be a Nod or throwback . Never know with us crazy steelers.