The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Mackenzie Speakers
Jimmy Gibson

Cornwall, England
Post  Posted 25 Jan 2017 9:20 am    

Anyone know anything about the Mackenzie speaker range?......Just to say I have recently brought a pair of speaker cabs,and for 1x12 I thought they are very heavy,so I thought I would have a look at what the speakers were,and they are 200 watt McKenzie with the biggest magnets I have ever seen on a speaker, but as I had never heard of this make of speaker I put it on here to ask if anyone knows anything about this make. I have tried them out and they sound amazing with steel and guitar.

Thanks

Jimmy.

Last edited by Jimmy Gibson on 3 Feb 2017 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Dave Hepworth

West Yorkshire, UK
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2017 6:08 am    

Hi Jimmy,
Yes McKenzie were speaker manufacturers up at Birdwell near Barnsley South Yorkshire near where I come from.They are defunct now as far as I know.McKenzies became quite popular in the late 70s early 80s and were found factory fitted in some English amps.They did all the sizes I think,at least I remember 12s and 15s .
If you like them and are looking to add or replace you might find what you want by contacting a shop near me called Rockfactory at Castleford.John the PA guy has loads of loose speakers on shelves and I think I have seen some there.
If you google Rockfactory you will see their web site and contact details .Hope this helps .
Regards Dave

Micky Byrne

United Kingdom (deceased)
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2017 2:17 pm    

Jim....Eminence have an outlook in Ipwich. Also a very good range...I think if you Google "Link" in Ipswich.

Micky "scars" Byrne U.K.

Micky Byrne

United Kingdom (deceased)
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2017 2:21 pm     Re: Mackenzie Speakers

Here's the link Jim....I made a mistake. They also do some with Neo magnets for old geezers like us

http://www.lean-business.co.uk/eshop/eminence-pa-speakers-c-92.html?gclid=CP3ZlPS48tECFS8z0wodQj4NPA

Micky "scars" Byrne U.K. Very Happy

Jimmy Gibson

Cornwall, England
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2017 1:12 am     Speakers

Thanks guys for your input, just to say I do not need any speakers ,I have just got hold of a pair of 1x12 cabs with McKenzie speakers, and because I had not heard of the make I put this topic up, sorry for not making it clear in my request for info about these speakers.

Jimmy.