The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Feb 2016 Excel Superb S12 E9/C6 8p5k
Glenn Demichele

(20mi N of) Chicago Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2017 4:03 pm    

Why am I selling? I guess I'm just too old to get used to 12 strings. I've given it a year, and I just can't get comfortable with the grips. The guitar is beautiful and light, and in like-new shape except the "Superb" sticker came off. I've taken it to one rehearsal and never gigged it. It still has the factory strings on it.
Mitsuo built this guitar for me and shipped it from Japan about one year ago. I love this guitar from an engineering perspective. Mitsuo perfectly executed my requested copedant (pretty much standard Emmons), but as you can see, the C6 pedals also happen to do cool stuff in the E9 position.
I paid $4,700 for it one year ago, and would take $4,200. I would also consider a partial trade for a D-10. The first picture is the guitar at Mitsuo's shop in Japan, and the rest were taken today. The last picture shows the excel and my D10 in their cases.

James Quackenbush

Pomona, New York, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2017 5:09 pm    

What's the scale length of this steel ? ....Thanks for your time ....Jim

Glenn Demichele

Post  Posted 29 Jan 2017 5:21 pm    

It measures exactly the same as my Franklin D10 - 24 3/8 is the length of the moving string by the Home Depot yardstick. Maybe that would be "24 1/2"

Glenn Demichele

Post  Posted 29 Jan 2017 5:24 pm    

Oh, here's the copedant

James Quackenbush

Pomona, New York, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2017 5:33 pm    

He lists his scale length's as either 24 1/8 or 25 1/2 ...My Excel Superb that I sadly sold was a 25 1/2 inch scale , which I am looking for now ....Thanks , and good luck selling your steel ....Sincerly, Jim

T. C. Furlong

Lake County, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2017 10:47 am    

I've known Glenn since high school and he is an extremely reliable and trustworthy guy. If you are interested in this extra-fine Excel steel - very cool E9/C6 setup -, I'm sure Glenn will be great to deal with.

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2017 11:18 am    

Glenn I will take it if we can work out the payment and shipping details. I sent you a PM.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Glenn Demichele

Post  Posted 30 Jan 2017 12:51 pm    

I got your PM Greg, and sent you a reply! Thanks.

Glenn Demichele

Post  Posted 30 Jan 2017 5:31 pm     Steel is Sold ! Thanks everyone. Donation will be sent...

And thanks for the endorsement TC...