The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Line 6 Variax 700 Modeling Bass - Like New Condition
Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2017 7:42 pm    

I haven't played bass for four or five years so I may as well get this out of the closet.

This guitar is virtually like new, I only played it out a few times. It has an excellent upright bass sound that I used most of the time. I have a recording of the Praise band I used to play with that I used it on. I can send a link to it on request. It comes with all of the original case candy, owners manual, registration card etc. It also comes with the floor direct box and power supply, and also a TRS cable to connect the bass to the direct box. It comes with a non-original, heavy duty, gig bag. I think I got it with a hard case which I sold. There are some glare spots in the pictures, the bass has no dents, ding, or scratches.

Here is the description from the web:

24 different voices in one solidly playable instrument!

The Line 6 Variax Bass 700 gives you access to exciting sounds ranging from vintage instruments to modern classics, acoustic basses, and even synth sounds. Exclusive Line 6 modeling technology inside this solidbody bass allows the bass player to just turn a knob and tap into an entirely different sound. Instantly familiar controls work similarly to those of traditional bass guitars. Constructed with alder body, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, and sealed chrome tuners. Custom-fitted gig bag and direct box included.

Using the optional PODXT Live gives you command of all settings with your foot.

The first modeling bass in the Line 6 stable! The Variax Bass 700 uses patent-pending modeling technology developed for the award-winning Variax line of guitars. Now bass players can have a huge range of sounds in a single, high-quality instrument.

Here are the specs:

Line 6 modeling technology
24 bass models
Vintage, modern, hollowbody, acoustic, upright, synth, and other sounds available.
Works similarly to traditional bass controls
Alder body
Maple neck
Rosewood fingerboard
Sealed chrome tuners
Custom-fitted gig bag

These are getting a bit rare, especially in this condition. The price is $650.00, and I'll ship it in the lower 48 for $35.00. I prefer a cashiers check or money order, but I can take Paypal if you want to pay the fee.

MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2017 7:56 am    

Bump for the weekend.
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.