The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Steel Resolve thanks the SWSGA
Josh Killian

Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2017 7:59 am    

I would like to thank the SWSGA and everyone at the show for the support shown to Steel Resolve! I had a wonderful time listening to some outstanding playing and getting to know so many folks that share the love of the steel guitar.

A special thanks to Troy Porter and everyone with the SWSGA for giving us the opportunity to share the message of SR, John McClung for all of his good work leading up to the show, Tommy Dodd for the support and many introductions, Chuck Back at Desert Rose for his VERY generous donation, all the players that expressed interest in teaching for SR, and all the steel guitar enthusiasts who showed their support for what we are doing at SR.

I’m looking forward to getting to know all of you better as we continue to ensure aspiring players have the support they need to start playing and continue playing.

If you want more information on Steel Resolve or have any questions, please visit our website at steelresolve.org or email me at josh@steelresolve.org. I would love to talk with you!
Steel Resolve is a 501(c)3 designated nonprofit

John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2017 11:17 pm    

Phoenix was a very successful soft launch of Steel Resolve, thanks to all who showed interest, took a brochure, asked questions, etc. There's a role for everyone in our steel guitar community, we'll be fine tuning those methods and sharing ideas and details with everyone quite soon as our ideas expand.

Our biggest challenge is locating young folks with an interest in learning to play steel guitar, lap or pedal, so please let Josh Killian know of young people in your local area with a keen interest in the instrument. Thanks!

John McClung, Steel Resolve Instructor
Aka Professor Twang

Jason King

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2017 8:57 am    

John, I enjoyed our visit. My hat is off to you both for trying to help get more kids started into steel guitar. I wish you all the best.

Jason

Ray Harrison

Tucson, Arizona, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 24 Jan 2017 10:13 am    

What Jason said...
You folks are involved in a great project.
Telonics , Fender Rumble500, Polytone Amps
D-16 Martin, 1970 Ovation guitars