The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Downloads...
Mike Kowalik

San Antonio,Texas
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2017 7:03 pm    

If I purchase music from a site such as cdbaby.com could I download the music into Windows Media player so the music could then be copied onto a cd?

cdbaby has a Texas Troubador recording that I'd like to get but it's available only as a download....

Dave Potter

Texas
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2017 2:49 pm     Re: Downloads...

Mike Kowalik wrote:
If I purchase music from a site such as cdbaby.com could I download the music into Windows Media player so the music could then be copied onto a cd?

Is there some compelling reason it needs to end up as a "cd"? Most players nowadays can play most audio files in any of the standard audio formats, and once you have one of those on your PC, you can copy/paste them anywhere you want, including to an optical drive.

Randy Schneider

SW New Mexico, USA
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2017 3:24 pm    

The albums I have downloaded from CDBaby have had FLAC (lossless) files available for the albums I have purchased. Since the FLAC format is a lossless compression method, you are getting the best possible audio quality from the downloaded files, and those files are perfect for burning audio CDs, if that's what you're looking for. If you want MP3 files, you can also download those from CDBaby as well, or create them from the FLAC files.

Lossless compression is good...