INSTRUCTION STRINGS ACCESSORIES MUSIC LINKS
 Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com for Steel Guitars, Strings, Instruction, Music and Accessories 
Forum Index
where steel players meet online
The Steel Guitar Forum

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Trip to Honolulu
Joe Kaufman

Lewiston, Idaho
Post Posted 11 Jan 2017 9:26 am     Reply with quote

I will be taking a trip to Honolulu with my family that last week of February and a few days into March. I would love to take in some good Hawaiian music while we are there. Preferably steel guitar or slack key, it I would welcome any suggestions from you guys out there! Thanks!
John Limbach

Billings, Montana, USA
Post Posted 11 Jan 2017 9:03 pm     Reply with quote

Check to see if Bobby Ingano is still playing with his trio on Tuesday's at Dot's Diner north near Ft. Schafter. He starts at 5:pm or earlier if the spirit moves him. A crowd of only locals in a family run '50's diner. No tourists, at least when I was there. You may be strangers when you come through the door, but they will make you feel like family by the time you get to your table. I recommend the Sizzling Hamburger Steak.

Absolute pain in the butt to get there through traffic from Waikki, think the 405 Freeway in LA at rush hour , or anytime actually come to think of it, but perservere. You will NOT be disappointed! A great artist and real gentleman. You can tell these guys are playing because they like it. A wonderful experience.

If you can find out where Jeff Au Hoy is playing don't miss him. I'm sure someone will fill us in.